Torcy (French pronunciation: [tɔʁsi]) is a commune in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France region in north-central France. It is located in the eastern suburbs of Paris, 21.8 km (13.5 mi) from the center of Paris.
|Intercommunality||CA Paris - Vallée de la Marne|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Guillaume Le Lay-Felzine|
|6.00 km2 (2.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,700/km2 (9,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||37–106 m (121–348 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Inhabitants of Torcy are called Torcéens.
The suburbanization and affluence of the Vietnamese population in France has resulted in a demographic shift in Torcy since the 1980s. Vietnamese businesses and community organizations have been established in Torcy, and the commune, along with nearby Ivry-sur-Seine, contains one of the highest concentrations of Vietnamese people in France at 10% to 20% of the population. As of 1998, about 5-6% of the city's population is made up of East Asians.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE (1968-2017)|
There are ten public primary school groups (preschool and elementary) in Torcy, along with three junior high schools and one senior high school.
Junior high schools:
- Collège de l'Arche-Guédon
- Collège Louis-Aragon
- Collège Victor-Schoelcher
Senior high school
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2019". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 29 December 2021.
- La communauté asiatique met le cap à l'est Le Parisien, 16 November 2011 (in French)
- Guillon, Michelle. "The Chinese and Chinese Districts in Paris" (Chapter 11). In: Sinn, Elizabeth (editor). The Last Half Century of Chinese Overseas. Hong Kong University Press, 1 January 1998. ISBN 9622094465, 9789622094468. CITED: p. 198.
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Torcy, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- "Établissements scolaires." Torcy, Seine-et-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016. - Click the tabs to switch from primary schools to "collèges" (junior high schools) and "lycées" (senior high schools).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Torcy, Seine-et-Marne.|
- Official site (in French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (in English)
- Base Mérimée: Search for heritage in the commune, Ministère français de la Culture. (in French)