Toonz Animation India
Toonz Animation India Pvt. Ltd. is an animation company in India. It is the animation arm of the Singapore-based Toonz Group, which has diverse interests in production and distribution of live-action feature films, digital and gaming content, licensing and merchandising, and media-related education.
Toonz Animation was started in 1999 by G. A. Menon and Bill Dennis, who had worked on Disney's The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. Toonz Animation is located in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), the capital city of Kerala. Its office is currently situated in the Technopark; it is expanding to a new 2.5-acre (10,000 m2) campus in the Kinfra Film and Video Park in Trivandrum.
Major projects on which Toonz Animation has worked include The Adventures of Tenali Raman, Return of Hanuman, Freefonix, Wolverine and the X-Men, Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Kid Krrish, and Gaturro.
Toonz Animation is also the producer of the popular cricket based 2D animated teleseries Howzzattt.
Toonz Animation operates and promotes a number of digital channels, including the noted Chotoonz TV, a digital channel for kids cartoon videos with more than 2 million subscribers and 1.75 Billion views. Toonz channels are available on YouTube, Dailymotion, Amazon Prime, Roku and other digital platforms.
Toonz Animation organizes an industry event called Animation Masters Summit every year. The event brings together top industry experts, vibrant animation professionals and aspiring young minds together to discuss trends and initiatives shaping the global animation industry. 
|2007||Return of Hanuman||Anurag Kashyap||Co-produced with Percept Picture Company|
|2008||Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight||Will Meugniot||Direct-to-video film|
|2010||Gaturro||Gustavo Cova||Co-produced with Ánima Estudios and Illusion Studios|
|2012||Swami Ayyappan||Chetan Sharma
|Co-produced with Animagic|
|2013||Speed Racer: Race to the Future||Robert H. Fuentes III||Direct-to-video film|
Co-produced with Imira Entertainment
|2013||Kid Krrish||Cartoon Network India||Co-produced with FilmKraft Productions|
|2014||Kid Krrish: Mission Bhutan|
|Kid Krrish: Mystery in Mongolia|
|Pakdam Pakdai Doggy Don vs Billiman||Nickelodeon India||Co-produced with Viacom 18|
|2015||Kid Krrish: Shakalaka Africa||Cartoon Network India||Co-produced with FilmKraft Productions|
|Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack||Nickelodeon India||Co-produced with Viacom 18|
|2016||Apna Bhai Gaju Bhai||Disney Channel India||Co-produced with Disney India|
|2017||Sab Jholmaal Hai – Bank Robbery||Sony Yay|
|2003-2004||The Adventures of Tenali Raman||Cartoon Network|||
|2009||Wolverine and the X-Men||Nicktoons||Co-produced with Marvel Animation, First Serve International and Noxxon Entertainment Inc.|
|2011-2013||Speed Racer: The Next Generation||Season 2|
Co-produced with Telegael and Lionsgate Television
|2013 – present||Pakdam Pakdai||Nickelodeon
|also known internationally as Rat-A-Tat |
|2015-2016||Bunty Aur Billy||Hungama TV||also known internationally as Cat & Keet |
|2016-present||Gaju Bhai||Disney Channel||Co-produced with The Walt Disney Company India|
|2016||V 4 Viraat|||
|Chai Chai||Hungama TV|||
|2017 – present||Gattu Battu||Nickelodeon India|||
|Sab Jholmaal Hai||Sony Yay|||
|2017||Sherazade: The Untold Stories||Network Ten||Co-produced with Hahn Film and Chocolate Liberation Front|
|2019||Chacha Chaudhary||Disney Channel, Hungama TV|
- "Cartoon Network acquires two new Indian animated series from Toonz Animation > afaqs! news & features". Afaqs.com. 27 February 2003. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Nita Sathyendran (16 November 2012). "Animated adventures". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Cartoons jump the 'desi' wagon". The Hindu. 24 February 2003. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- IANS (1 April 2015). "Toonz to hold Animation Masters Summit". Business Standard. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Sony YAY! to premiere its first home-grown animated film on 21 Oct". Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "The Hindu Business Line : 'Cartoon network focus on India-centric image-building'". Thehindubusinessline.in. 19 June 2003. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Toonz, Marvel tie up for second part of X-Men series". Thaindian.com. 2 December 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Discovery kids presents Gully Cricket in Howzzattt". DNA India. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Nick launches Pakdam Pakdai- a chase comedy". The Times of India. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Hungama to add new original content". 4 April 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Disney India launches 'Gaju Bhai'". 18 April 2016.
- |title= V 4 VIRAT
- "Hungama turns to South India for growth". Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Tapping into the homegrown content demand Nicklelodeon announces new show Gattu Battu". Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Sony YAY! Channel to Anchor on Original Indian Toons". Retrieved 16 April 2017.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|