This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019)
Alvaro Luis Dalton, known professionally as Tony Dalton, (born 13 February 1975) is an American actor, screenwriter and producer. For much of his career, he acted in Mexican films, television shows, and stage plays, but became widely known after he began starring as cartel boss Lalo Salamanca in Better Call Saul (2018–present).
Alvaro Luis Dalton 
13 February 1975
|Education||Lee Strasberg Theater Institute|
Tony Dalton studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.[when?] During that time, he acted in small Off-Broadway productions of The Ballad of the Sad Café, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and A Streetcar Named Desire. His first film was Matando Cabos (2004), in which he starred and co-wrote the screenplay. He also acted in and wrote the script for Sultanes del Sur (2007). Dalton's other film credits include Love, Pain and Vice Versa (2008); Amar (2009); and La Dictadura Perfecta (2014). His theater credits include a Mexico City production of Same Time, Next Year by Bernard Slade, which ran for over 200 performances in 2011. In 2016, he appeared onstage in the role of Paul Zara in Beau Willimons' Farragut North. On television, he had roles in HBO's Capadocia (2008) and in Los Simuladores, which was nominated for an Emmy in 2010 for Best International Series. In 2017, he played the lead in the HBO series Sr. Ávila, which won the International Emmy award for Best Non-English Language Series. In 2018, Dalton landed the role of Lalo Salamanca in Better Call Saul, first appearing in the season 4 episode "Coushatta", and was promoted to the main cast for season 5.
|2004||Matando cabos||Javier "Jaque"||Also screenwriter|
|2007||Sultanes del sur||Carlos Sánchez||Also screenwriter|
|2008||Amor, dolor y viceversa||Marco|
|2011||Colombiana||American Embassy 1|
|Amar no es querer||Samuel|
|2012||La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas||John|
|2014||La dictadura perfecta||Director TV MX|
|Mi destino eres tú|
|2001||No te equivoques|
|2002||Clase 406||Dago García|
|2007||Trece miedos||Jorge Sánchez||Season 1, Episode 3: "Esquela"|
|2008–2009||Los simuladores||Mario Santos|
|2008–2010||Capadocia||Augusto Mateos||4 episodes|
|2011||Flor Salvaje||Don Rafael Urrieta|
|2013–2018||Sr. Ávila||Roberto Ávila|
|2015||Dueños del paraíso||Renato Maldonado||Main role|
|2016–2017||Sense8||Lito's Agent||3 episodes|
|2018–present||Better Call Saul||Lalo Salamanca||Recurring (season 4) |
Main cast (season 5–present)
|2021||Hawkeye||Jacques "Jack" Duquesne / Swordsman||Post-production|
- El año próximo a la misma hora (2009)
- Juegos de poder (2017)
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2021||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Better Call Saul||Nominated|
- "Tony Dalton: Su biografía". sensacine.com.mx (in Spanish). Archived from the original on November 13, 2020. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- "Tony Dalton". IMDb. Retrieved March 2, 2021.
- Segal, David (April 20, 2020). "Tony Dalton Talks 'Better Call Saul': Sympathy for el Diablo". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on April 21, 2020. Retrieved June 21, 2020.
- Couch, Aaron. "'Better Call Saul' Unveils Unseen 'Breaking Bad' Character at Comic-Con". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on August 6, 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2020.
- "Better Call Saul Season 5 Makes Lalo Actor Tony Dalton A Regular". Screen Rant. April 9, 2019. Archived from the original on April 10, 2019. Retrieved April 9, 2020.