7 July 1992
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
Garrn was born in Hamburg, Germany. Her father works for an oil company and her mother is a businesswoman. She has an older brother, Niklas, who is also a model. When Garrn was two years old, she moved to London with her family, and later to Athens when she was six, where she studied at Campion School (Athens). By the age of 10, she moved back to Hamburg with her family. Garrn can play classical piano, having taken lessons since age 6.
Garrn debuted on the runway at age 15 as an exclusive for the Calvin Klein Spring/Summer 2008 runway show in New York. She then went on to be featured in the designer's ad campaign. The following season, she again walked exclusively for Calvin Klein. In the 2009-seasons, she walked over 60 shows for prestigious designers such as Stella McCartney, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermès, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors and others during fashion week.
She has appeared in Vogue (Paris, Italy, Germany, Russia, China, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Korea, US), Muse, Elle (US, Italy, France), Numéro (France, Tokyo), Glamour (US), Marie-Claire (Italy), Another Magazine, Harper's Bazaar (US), i-D, and on the covers of Tush magazine and V magazine as the eighth ranked model of spring 2008. She also covered the February 2009 edition of Numéro for their #100 issue.
In early 2012, she re-entered the Top 50 Models Women-list of the international modelling site models.com, ranking in 20th place. She was first featured on the list in 2009, eventually peaking in 11th place.
In 2014, she collaborated with German denim label Closed and designs her own line of jeans. Proceeds from the sales of her Closed T-shirt, her “Toni” jeans for women are donated to a charity that focuses on the education of young girls in Africa.
Garrn's resume includes covers for French, Japanese, Chinese, German and Russian Numéro, German, Italian, Mexican, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Korean, Russian, Portuguese, and Thai Vogue, German and South African GQ, W, French, German and Italian Elle, Madame Figaro, Muse, Harper's Bazaar, Allure, Glamour, The Edit and Grazia.
She appeared in advertisements for Calvin Klein, Prada, Versace, Cartier (Fragrance), Jill Stuart, Fendi, Chloé, Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss, Zara, H&M, Dior, Donna Karan, JOOP!, Shiseido, Filippa K, J.Crew, Neiman Marcus, Givenchy (Makeup), Tommy Hilfiger, Juicy Couture, Massimo Dutti, Max Mara, Peek & Cloppenburg, Express, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, L’Oréal, Biotherm, NARS Cosmetics, Mango, Ann Taylor, Blumarine, Aigner, Lancel, Alexandre Vauthier, Elie Saab, Calzedonia, Seafolly and Schwarzkopf.
Toni Garrn has worked with photographers like Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh, Karl Lagerfeld, Manfred Baumann, Paolo Roversi, Mariano Vivanco, Miles Aldridge, Craig McDean, Corinne Day, Camilla Åkrans, Ellen von Unwerth, Mert and Marcus, Victor Demarchelier, David Bellemere, Greg Kadel and Mario Testino.
In 2011, Garrn started modeling for Victoria's Secret, firstly appearing in their catalogs doing the clothing line. Soon after she walked in the 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and did a photo-shoot for the PINK-line with fellow model Shanina Shaik. Her first Victoria's Secret fashion show casting was actually in 2010, but she was ultimately not cast for that year's show.
In April 2012, Garrn was reported incorrectly by the media to have been chosen to become an official Victoria's Secret Angel. Soon after it was revealed that Garrn was merely chosen to star in a Victoria's Secret campaign for the "Dream Angel" line alongside Erin Heatherton and Lindsay Ellingson as well as the "Angels in Love" commercial starring Elyse Taylor.
On 17 April 2012, Garrn and the Victoria's Secret Angels, Erin Heatherton and Lindsay Ellingson, launched the Victoria's Secret "Love Is Heavenly" fragrance in a Victoria's Secret store in SoHo. In November 2012, she returned to the catwalk of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show for the second time, closing the show. She also walked the show in 2013 and again in the 2018 show after a hiatus.
Garrn was cast to play the role of Reeva Steenkamp in the 2017 Lifetime movie Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer. The film chronicles Oscar Pistorius' conviction of culpable homicide after fatally shooting Steenkamp on 14 February 2013 in his Pretoria home. In the same year Garrn appeared in the first two episodes of the German drama series You Are Wanted. In 2018, she appeared in Head Full of Honey by Til Schweiger and in Álvaro Soler's music video "La Cintura". In 2019, she appeared in a minor role in the superhero film Spider-Man: Far from Home.
In 2014, she became an ambassador for Plan International's global Because I Am a Girl campaign and has hosted and co-hosted several fundraising events in support of Plan. In February 2016, Toni Garrn established the Toni Garrn Foundation, which aims to raise money for projects advocating for and advancing girls’ rights.
Garrn got engaged to actor Alex Pettyfer on 24 December 2019. They married in Hamburg, in Germany on 2 October 2020. On 5 March 2021, Garrn and Pettyfer announced that they were expecting a child. In July 2021, Garrn gave birth to the couple's daughter.
|2011||Life + Times: Empire State of Mind||Herself||Short film|
|2016||The Shift||Short film|
|2017||Under the Bed||Lisa||TV Movie|
|2017||You Are Wanted||Katja||2 episodes|
|2017||Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer||Reeva Steenkamp|
|2018||Head Full of Honey|
|2019||Berlin, I Love You||Heather|
|2019||Spider-Man: Far From Home||The Seamstress|
- "Profile of Toni Garrn". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Garrn, Toni (7 September 2016). "21 Random Questions: Toni Garrn Talks Vegan Ice Cream, German Swear Words, and Her Most-Used Emoji". Stylecaster (Interview). Interviewed by Hilary George-Parkin. Retrieved 5 March 2021.
- "Toni Garrn". models.com. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Alex Pettyfer and Model Toni Garrn Tie the Knot in Germany — See Her Gorgeous Dress!". People. Meredith Corporation. 4 October 2020.
- "Toni Garrn". Germany: Vogue.de. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Kaiser, Alfons. "The German Fräulein: Toni Garrn" (in German). Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Toni Garrn". New York Magazine. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Toni Garrn im INTERVIEW von A bis Z". Interview (in German). 9 October 2014. Archived from the original on 3 August 2018.
- "Toni Garrn | Storm Artists". www.stormmanagement.com. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- @tonigarrn (10 December 2016). "When there's a huge GOLDEN grand piano on set... I need to get back on this 🙈 #practicepracticepractice #dontlookatmeeeee". Instagram. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- Prüfer, Tillmann (21 January 2010). "Fräulein Wunder". Die Zeit (in German). Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- stern (7 July 2014), Von wem kam der erste Liebesbrief, Toni Garrn?, retrieved 28 November 2018
- "Top 50 Models Women". models.com. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Feitelberg, Rosemary (19 May 2014). "Toni Garrn Collaborates With German Denim Label Closed". WWD. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- "PHOTOS: Meet The New Victoria's Secret Angel". HuffPost. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- "Supermodel Erin Heatherton". VS Allaccess. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- Clary, Timothy A. (17 April 2012). "Victorias Secret Supermodels Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton, and Toni Garrn during the launch of the latest Victorias Secret fragrance, Love is Heavenly and the Dream Angels bra during a photo-op at the Victorias Secret Soho Store in New York April 17, 2012". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012". Vogue (in German). 8 November 2012. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "Meet the Victoria's Secret model playing Reeva in new Oscar movie". News24. 2 October 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Toni Garrn Foundation". Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- "Leonardo DiCaprio, model Toni Garrn reportedly split". Los Angeles Times. 11 December 2014.
- "Alex Pettyfer and Model Toni Garrn Are Engaged After Surprise Christmas Eve Proposal". People. 31 December 2019.
- "Toni Garrn: "Endlich schwanger" – Das Topmodel darüber, wie lange es auf diesen Moment gewartet hat". 5 March 2021.
- Cardoza, Riley (19 July 2021). "Toni Garrn and Alex Pettyfer Welcome First Child". Usweekly.com. Retrieved 20 July 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toni Garrn.|