Tonbridge Juddians Rugby Football Club is an English rugby union team based in Tonbridge in Kent. The club runs four senior teams, a ladies side and the full range of junior teams. The first XV will play in National League 1 for the 2021–22 season having won promotion from National League 2 South - the highest position in the club's history.
|Full name||Tonbridge Juddians Rugby Football Club|
|Founded||1904 (Tonbridge), 1928 (Old Juddians), 1999 (clubs merged)|
|Location||Tonbridge, Kent, England|
|Ground(s)||The Slade (Capacity: 1,500)|
|League(s)||National League 1|
|2019–20||National League 2 South, 2nd (promoted)|
Tonbridge RFC was formed in 1904 and Old Juddians was formed in 1928. 'Old Juddians' were former pupils of The Judd School in Tonbridge.
The two clubs merged to form Tonbridge Juddians in 1999. The merged club began life in London 2 South, the same level at which Old Juddians was placed in when the league system was founded in 1987. The club suffered two further relegations before turning semi-professional and beginning a rapid climb up the pyramid, including a hat-trick of promotions, which climaxed in the club joining the national leagues in 2011.
- London 2 South East champions: 1990–91[a], 2009–10
- Kent 2 champions: 1990–91[b]
- Kent 3 champions: 1995–96[c]
- London Division 4 South East champions: 2008–09
- London Division 1 South champions: 2010–11
- Kent Plate winners: 2012
- Kent Cup winners (2): 2015, 2017
- National League 3 London & SE champions: 2016–17
|Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|12||Darlington Mowden Park||15||5||1||9||345||394||−49||4||3||29|
|Green background will be promoted to the RFU Championship. |
Yellow background (row 2) will be promoted, should the winner of the Championship be promoted.
Pink background are relegation places.
Updated: 22 January 2022
Source: "National League 1". RFU.
- 1990–91 London 2 South East title was won when the league was known as London 3 South East and was won by founder club Old Juddian.
- 1990–91 Kent 2 title was won by founder club Tonbridge.
- 1995–96 Kent 3 title was won by founder club Tonbridge.
- Club website
- Club website history page