Tommylee Lewis (born October 24, 1992) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Northern Illinois and signed with the Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2016. An undersized wide receiver, Northern Illinois was the only school to offer Lewis an athletic scholarship. After not being selected in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Saints signed Lewis on a recommendation from Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, who was a friend of Lewis' high school coach.
|No. 11 – New Orleans Saints|
|Born:||October 24, 1992|
Palm Beach, Florida
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||168 lb (76 kg)|
|High school:||William T. Dwyer|
(Palm Beach Gardens, Florida)
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Lewis played college football for the Northern Illinois Huskies.
Lewis signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent on May 2, 2016. After impressing during training camp and the preseason as both a receiver and returner, Lewis made the Saints 53-man roster. He played in 12 games with one start, recording seven catches for 76 yards along with 312 total return yards. He recorded his first touchdown on December 7, 2017 against the Atlanta Falcons.
On September 19, 2018, Lewis was placed on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury on a punt return in Week 2. He was activated off injured reserve on November 21, 2018, and scored his 2nd career touchdown, also against the Atlanta Falcons.
On January 20, 2019, in the final minutes of the NFC Championship game against the Los Angeles Rams, Lewis was involved in a controversial play by Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman. Robey-Coleman committed a clear and blatant pass interference with an early hit on Lewis, which if correctly called would have set the Saints up with a short field goal opportunity and a chance to run out the clock. However, the referees missed the call. The Saints would go on to lose the game in overtime, 26-23. Later on, the league admitted they blew the call and Coleman confessed to pass interference.
- Small frame, big potential: Saints undrafted rookie Tommylee Lewis is trying to prove his worth
- Boudwin, Julie (June 16, 2016). "Saints rookie Tommylee Lewis' quickness could lead to opportunity on special teams". Times-Picayune. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- Katzenstein, Josh (August 8, 2016). "WR Tommylee Lewis impressing Saints after recommendation from Bill Parcells". Times-Picayune. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Saints Add 19 Undrafted Free Agents". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 2, 2016. Archived from the original on September 24, 2017. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Williams, Charean (September 19, 2018). "Saints place Tommylee Lewis on IR". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Williams, Charean (November 21, 2018). "Saints activate Tommylee Lewis, waive Chaz Green". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Freeman, Mike (January 20, 2019). "Horrible Officiating Tarnishes NFL's Credibility on Championship Sunday". Bleacher Report. bleacherreport.com.