Tom and Jerry Tales
Tom and Jerry Tales is a Canadian-American animated television series starring the seven-time Academy Award-winning cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Turner Entertainment Co., It is the seventh incarnation of the Tom and Jerry franchise as well as the first Tom and Jerry television series to emulate the original theatrical shorts created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer; it originally ran in the United States from September 23, 2006 to March 22, 2008 on Kids' WB.
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry|
by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (78 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Kids' WB|
16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||September 23, 2006 –|
March 22, 2008
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids (1990–1993)|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show (2014–present)|
Joseph Barbera served as executive producer for the series before his death on December 18, 2006, and received story credit on some episodes of the first season. The series consists of two seasons and 26 episodes, each consisting of three stories (some of them—like The Karate Guard—were produced and completed in 2003 as part of a 30-plus theatrical cartoon schedule aborted after the financial fiasco of Looney Tunes: Back in Action) with approximately the same running time as the original theatrical shorts and focusing on a shared theme between them.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||September 23, 2006||May 5, 2007|
|2||13||September 22, 2007||March 22, 2008|
Season 1 (2006–07)Edit
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|1a||1a||"Tiger Cat"||September 23, 2006||110a|
|At a zoo, an artistic monkey paints Tom to look like a tiger after he accidentally wrecks his art during a chase against Jerry. As a result, Tom manages to scare Jerry as well as everyone and every animal at the zoo with his tiger look. (This episode was preceded by The Karate Guard in 2005.)|
|1b||1b||"Feeding Time"||September 23, 2006||110b|
|Tom, who works at a zoo run by Spike, is ordered by Spike to never feed the zoo's animals (only Spike can) or else he will have his badge. However, Tom inadvertently and constantly frames himself for doing so while preventing Jerry from feeding them.|
|1c||1c||"Polar Peril"||September 23, 2006||110c|
|At the South Pole, an overprotective polar bear defends Jerry from Tom and Butch.|
|2a||2a||"Joy Riding Jokers"||September 30, 2006||109a|
|Spike and his girlfriend Toodles mistake Tom and Jerry for valets, as a result of which upon leaving their car to be parked while checking themselves in a hotel, Tom and Jerry unwillingly go on a wild and elaborate joyride across town.|
|2b||2b||"Cat Got Your Luggage?"||September 30, 2006||109b|
|After accidentally trashing a fancy hotel lobby during another chase against Jerry, Tom is hired as a bellboy by the hotel's manager in order to pay for the damages. Unfortunately, Jerry makes Tom's assignments difficult.|
|2c||2c||"City Dump Chumps"||September 30, 2006||109c|
|Tom and Butch fight over Jerry at a junkyard.|
|3a||3a||"Way-Off Broadway"||October 7, 2006||108a|
|In town, Tom and Jerry become buskers in order to get money.|
|3b||3b||"Egg Beats"||October 7, 2006||108b|
|While listening to his favorite hip hop music, Jerry gets disrupted by the noise of the city, so he moves out of town to a farm owned by Tom. As a result, his music causes Tom's pet hen to lay eggs quickly.|
|3c||3c||"Cry Uncle"||October 7, 2006||108c|
|A sequel to Pecos Pest (1955), Jerry's uncle, Pecos Pest, returns to Tom and Jerry's home for a visit where he constantly sings and plays on his guitar, keeping both Tom and Jerry awake.|
|4a||4a||"Bats What I Like About the South"||October 28, 2006||102a|
|At the woods and later a cemetry, Jerry makes lifless skeletons come to life in order to scare Tom.|
|4b||4b||"Fraidy Cat Scat"||October 28, 2006||102b|
|Jerry pretends to be a skull by hiding inside of it and scaring Tom.|
|4c||4c||"Tomb It May Concern"||October 28, 2006||102c|
|Tom and Jerry find gold inside a pyramid.|
|5a||5a||"Land-O-Sores"||November 4, 2006||111a|
|Tom and Jerry discover that their world is full of dinosaur eggs in prehistoric times.|
|5b||5b||"Freaky Tiki"||November 4, 2006||111b|
|A mystical tiki casts a spell into Tom and Jerry.|
|5c||5c||"Prehisterics"||November 4, 2006||111c|
|In prehistoric times, Tom and Jerry's ancestors outwit each other.|
|6a||6a||"Digital Dilemma"||November 11, 2006||104a|
|Tom's makeshift computer traps him and Jerry in a virtual world.|
|6b||6b||"Hi, Robot"||November 11, 2006||104b|
|Tom makes a robotic girl mouse in order to catch Jerry.|
|6c||6c||"Tomcat Jetpack"||November 11, 2006||104c|
|Tom dons an experimental flying suit.|
|7a||7a||"Fire Breathing Tom Cat"||February 3, 2007||103a|
|A king sends Tom to slay a dragon.|
|7b||7b||"Medieval Menace"||February 3, 2007||103b|
|Tom chases Jerry throughout a castle.|
|7c||7c||"The Itch"||February 3, 2007||103c|
|Jerry wants to join a band of rats, whose music causes everyone to itch.|
|8a||8a||"Ho, Ho Horrors"||February 10, 2007||101a|
|On Christmas Eve, Jerry enters Tom's dream and turns it into a nightmare, resulting in both of them trashing their entire house in their sleep.|
|8b||8b||"Doggone Hill Hog"||February 10, 2007||101b|
|Spike tackles Tom and Jerry in the snow.|
|8c||8c||"Northern Light Fish Fight"||February 10, 2007||101c|
|Tom and Jerry fight over a fish.|
|9a||9a||"Cat Nebula"||February 17, 2007||106a|
|Set in outer space sometime in the future, Jerry is captain of a mouse-run freighter (Nibbles) while Tom is a green-skinned alien.|
|9b||9b||"Martian Mice"||February 17, 2007||106b|
|At a farm, giant-sized mice from Mars mistakenly abduct Tom and Jerry.|
|9c||9c||"Spaced Out Cat"||February 17, 2007||106c|
|Tom wins Toodles back from Spike by building a spaceship and being the first one to get to the moon alongside Jerry.|
|10a||10a||"Octo Suave"||February 24, 2007||107a|
|An octopus mistakenly tries to woo Tom.|
|10b||10b||"Beach Bully Bingo"||February 24, 2007||107b|
|While Tom and Jerry are relaxing at the beach Bingo, Spike and Butch surf-fight.|
|10c||10c||"Treasure Map Scrap"||February 24, 2007||107c|
|Jerry attempts to find treasure under the sea.|
|11a||11a||"Destruction Junction"||March 3, 2007||112a|
|Spike is put in charge of the rest of a building's construction while the crew are hospitalized after suffering an extreme case of splinters.|
|11b||11b||"Battle of the Power Tools"||March 3, 2007||112b|
|Formerly poor, Tom and Jerry become rich overnight shortly after their numbers come in, so they split their millions and each set out to build a mansion across from each other.|
|11c||11c||"Jackhammered Cat"||March 3, 2007||112c|
|Tom and Jerry stumble into a feast guarded by Spike, at a construction site to which nether the two of them are invited.|
|12a||12a||"Tin Cat of Tomorrow"||April 28, 2007||113a|
|Inspired by Push-Button Kitty (1952), Mrs. Two-Shoes, after being fed up with Tom failing to catch Jerry, orders a robotic cat to replace Tom.|
|12b||12b||"Beefcake Tom"||April 28, 2007||113b|
|Tom enrolls at a gym.|
|12c||12c||"Tomcat Superstar"||April 28, 2007||113c|
|Tom quits show business and retires to a farm.|
|13a||13a||"Piranha Be Loved By You"||May 5, 2007||105a|
|At an amusement park, a piranha makes it hard for Tom to win Toodles' affection.|
|13b||13b||"Spook House Mouse"||May 5, 2007||105b|
|At an amusement park, Tom and Jerry's antics lead them into a horror house where they get real scared white as ghosts.|
|13c||13c||"Abracadumb"||May 5, 2007||105c|
|Tom and Jerry engage in a magic duel.|
Season 2 (2007–08)Edit
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|14a||1a||"More Powers to You"||September 22, 2007||202a|
|Tom must guard the power rings owned by a team of superheroes from supervillain Doom Dog (Spike).|
|14b||1b||"Catch Me Though You Can't"||September 22, 2007||202b|
|Jerry is zapped by a speed ray, making him faster than ever and as a result, Tom can't catch him.|
|14c||1c||"Power Tom"||September 22, 2007||202c|
|Tom and Jerry fall into a garden hole, where they find the basement headquarters of a superheroine.|
|15a||2a||"Zent Out of Shape"||September 29, 2007||201a|
|Buddhist monk Tom attempts to achieve inner peace.|
|15b||2b||"I Dream of Meanie"||September 29, 2007||201b|
|As a genie, Spike must grant wishes.|
|15c||2c||"Which Witch!"||September 29, 2007||201c|
|Tom is forced to obtain Jerry for a witch's potion.|
|16a||3a||"Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day"||October 6, 2007||203a|
|Nancy, Tom's owner from Baby Puss (1943), brings Tom to her elementary school for show-and-tell in which she wants Tom to win the gold star for best pet.|
|16b||3b||"Cat Show Catastrophe"||October 6, 2007||203b|
|Jerry and Tuffy attempt to ruin Tom's chances at a cat show.|
|16c||3c||"The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo"||October 6, 2007||203c|
|Tom's owner hires a trainer to make him behave well after causing chaos around the house while attempting to catch Jerry.|
|17a||4a||"Adventures in Penguin Sitting"||October 13, 2007||204a|
|Jerry and an escaped penguin become friends.|
|17b||4b||"Cat of Prey"||October 13, 2007||204b|
|Tom seeks to catch and eat Jerry, the star of the show at a local ocean theme park along with a bald eagle, but he is then thwarted by another eagle, a seal and an octopus.|
|17c||4c||"Jungle Love"||October 13, 2007||204c|
|Jerry makes friends with a baby rhinoceros.|
|18a||5a||"Invasion of the Body Slammers"||October 27, 2007||205a|
|A green shapeshifter emerges from an alien spaceship that lands near Tom and Jerry's home.|
|18b||5b||"Monster Con"||October 27, 2007||205b|
|Tom uses some of Abraham Van Helsing's equipment to catch Jerry, but catches a few ghosts instead.|
|18c||5c||"Over the River and Boo the Woods"||October 27, 2007||205c|
|While on a fishing trip, Tom and Jerry end up in a haunted forest.|
|19a||6a||"Xtreme Trouble"||November 3, 2007||206a|
|Tom and Jerry begin their usual chases using extreme sports equipment – from skateboarding to rollerskating.|
|19b||6b||"A Life Less Guarded"||November 3, 2007||206b|
|Tom competes against Droopy for the role of a lifeguard at the local pool.|
|19c||6c||"Sasquashed"||November 3, 2007||206c|
|While on a camping trip, Tom, Jerry and Tuffy encounter Bigfoot.|
|20a||7a||"Summer Squashing"||November 10, 2007||207a|
|Tom is assigned to guard his owner's garden of squashes against pests, including Jerry and a clan of harvest mice who all resemble him (albeit with different-colored bandanas).|
|20b||7b||"League of Cats"||November 10, 2007||207b|
|Butch recruits Tom to join the League of Cats, a secret organization of cats who work together to catch mice.|
|20c||7c||"Little Big Mouse"||November 10, 2007||207c|
|While Tom and Mrs. Two-Shoes are sleeping by the refrigerator during an intensive heatwave, Jerry steals all the food for a picnic in the backyard to which Tom takes the blame for the thefts and gets kicked out into the backyard.|
|21a||8a||"Bend It Like Thomas"||December 1, 2007||208a|
|Tom torments Jerry, Spike and Eagle with his soccer skills.|
|21b||8b||"Endless Bummer"||December 1, 2007||208b|
|Tom, Jerry and Droopy compete in a surfing competition.|
|21c||8c||"Game Set Match"||December 1, 2007||208c|
|In the backyard, Spike forces an unwilling Tom to teach his son Tyke how to play tennis, with disastrous results.|
|22a||9a||"The Declaration of Independunce"||December 8, 2007||209a|
|Tom loses his Declaration of Independence when he makes it into a paper airplane, and thus sets out to retrieve it.|
|22b||9b||"Kitty Hawked"||December 8, 2007||209b|
|Now an elderly museum tour guide, Jerry talks about his part in the Wright brothers' aerial experiments.|
|22c||9c||"24 Karat Kat"||December 8, 2007||209c|
|Tom and Butch are claim jumpers in the 19th century at a Sutter's Mill, scheming to steal gold from Jerry's claim.|
|23a||10a||"Hockey Schtick"||February 2, 2008||210a|
|Jerry decides to freeze the pond and go figure skating, only to be thwarted by Tom playing hockey.|
|23b||10b||"Snow Brawl"||February 2, 2008||210b|
|Jerry engages Tom in a snowball fight that gets out of control.|
|23c||10c||"Snow Mouse"||February 2, 2008||210c|
|Tom and Jerry encounter a gigantic abominable snowmouse that wants to attack them.|
|24a||11a||"DJ Jerry"||February 9, 2008||211a|
|Tom is in charge of guarding his owner's record store, but has trouble doing so thanks to a rap club for rodents run by Jerry.|
|24b||11b||"Kitty Cat Blues"||February 9, 2008||211b|
Tom tries to woo a potential girlfriend Sherkie, from The Zoot Cat (1944), by giving Jerry to her as a gift.|
Note: Sylvester the Cat from Looney Tunes briefly makes a cameo appearance.
|24c||11c||"Flamenco Fiasco"||February 9, 2008||211c|
|Jerry and his girlfriend enter a flamenco dance contest against Tom and Toodles, resulting in the four of them ruining the entire contest.|
|25a||12a||"You're Lion"||March 8, 2008||212a|
|Tom visits the African veldt to give Jerry as a present to his lion relatives, but the lions would rather eat both of them.|
|25b||12b||"Kangadoofus"||March 8, 2008||212b|
|In the Australian Outback, Jerry is adopted by an overprotective momma kangaroo who defends him from Tom.|
|25c||12c||"Monkey Chow"||March 8, 2008||212c|
|While Tom and his owner are touring an exotic monkey garden in Malaysia, Jerry lets loose a monkey.|
|26a||13a||"Game of Mouse & Cat"||March 22, 2008||213a|
At a laboratory, Jerry, using a virtual reality setup, plays a game in which Tom is hated by Mrs. Two-Shoes (while she likes Jerry) and is scared of Jerry. When Tom arrives at the laboratory, he plays a game in which Spike is scared of him (albeit still talking while Tom still does not).|
Note: In this short, Tom is drawn in his early 1940s-era design as opposed to his design in the entire series.
|26b||13b||"Babysitting Blues"||March 22, 2008||213b|
|Tom and Jerry babysit their nephews, which prove too much for the both of them.|
|26c||13c||"Catfish Follies"||March 22, 2008||213c|
|While on a fishing trip, Tom and Jerry discover Butch, a catfish who wants to eat Jerry while Tom wants to eat Butch. Series finale|
On October 31, 2006, a video game based on the series was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Developed by Sensory Sweep Studios, it was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and distributed by Eidos Interactive. Playing as Jerry, the main objective of the game is to help Jerry get Tom into trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game, such as the female robotic mouse from the episode "Hi, Robot."
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One was released on October 3, 2006. The episodes include: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril. Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two was released on May 15, 2007. The episodes include: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb. Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Three was released on December 4, 2007. The episodes include: Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb it May Concern / Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat / Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics / Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat / Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar. Released in the UK as Volume Two.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four was released on March 11, 2008. The episodes include: Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch / More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom / Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo / Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love. Released in the UK as Volume Three.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Five was released on August 12, 2008. The episodes include: Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods / Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed / Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse / Bend it Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Six was released on February 3, 2009. The episodes include: The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat / Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse / DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco / You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow / Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volumes 1-3 was released on September 15, 2009. This collection includes the first three volumes.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: The Complete First Season, a two-disc set with the first thirteen episodes, was released on April 13, 2010. It was re-released on July 24, 2012 as part of Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary.
- Tom and Jerry: The Deluxe Anniversary Collection, a two-disc set (Game of Mouse & Cat only on disc 2), was released on June 22, 2010.
- Tom and Jerry Fun Pack, a three-disc set (Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One on disc 3), was released on June 28, 2011.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 2 was released on July 5, 2011. Four episodes include: Monster Con / The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / Which Witch! It was re-released on October 7, 2014 as Tom and Jerry and Friends: Volume 2.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 3 was released on October 4, 2011. Eight episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded / Northern Light Fish Fight / Doggone Hill Dog / Sasquashed / Snow Mouse / Spook House Mouse / Don't Bring Your Pet to School.
- Tom and Jerry: In a Dog House was released on March 6, 2012. Nine episodes include: 24 Karat Kat / Destruction Junction / Beefcake Tom / Bend It Like Thomas / Game Set Match / Feeding Time / DJ Jerry / Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
- Tom and Jerry: Summer Holidays was released on March 6, 2012. Two episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
- Baisley, Sarah. "Kids' WB! on The CW 2006-2007 Saturday AM Schedule Launches Sept. 23". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. (October 31, 2006). "Tom and Jerry Tales Videogame Hits Stores Today, October 31" (Press release). Business Wire. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 1". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 2". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- DeMott, Rick (December 4, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales 3 Crashes Onto DVD". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Felix, Justin (May 19, 2008). "Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (August 11, 2008). "DVD Releases For August 12, 2008". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (February 2, 2009). "Madagascar 2, Oliver & Co., Space Buddies & Fear(s) of the Dark Hit DVD/Blu-ray". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- McCutcheon, David (January 8, 2010). "Tales of Tom and Jerry - The Complete First Season". IGN. Retrieved July 5, 2014.