Tom and Jerry Tales
Tom and Jerry Tales is a Canadian-American animated television series starring the seven-time Academy Award-winning cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Turner Entertainment Co., It is the seventh incarnation of the Tom and Jerry franchise as well as the first Tom and Jerry television series to emulate the original theatrical shorts created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer; it originally ran in the United States from September 23, 2006 to March 22, 2008 on Kids' WB.
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry|
by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Kids' WB|
16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||September 23, 2006 –|
March 22, 2008
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids Show|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)|
Joseph Barbera served as executive producer for the series before his death on December 18, 2006, and received story credit on some episodes of the first season. The series consists of two seasons and 26 episodes, each consisting of three shorts with approximately the same length as the original theatrical shorts and focusing on a shared theme between them. Some shorts – like The Karate Guard – were produced and completed in 2003 as part of a 30-plus theatrical cartoon schedule cancelled after the financial failure of Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
It is the only Tom and Jerry TV series to receive generally positive reviews alongside the first five direct-to-video films of the overall franchise.
- Don Brown as Tom, Droopy (season 1)
- Sam Vincent as Jerry, Kid
- Michael Donovan as Spike, Droopy, Topsy (season 2)
- Colin Murdock as Butch, Meathead
- Reece Thompson (season 1) and Chantal Strand (seasons 1–2) as Nibbles
- Nicole Oliver as Mrs. Two-Shoes
- Willam Hanna (uncreadited and scream laugh) Tom and Jerry
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||September 23, 2006||May 5, 2007|
|2||13||September 22, 2007||March 22, 2008|
|Season||Episodes||Years active||Release dates|
|1||26||2006–07||Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One: October 3, 2006[a]|
Episodes: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril
Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two: May 15, 2007[b]
Episodes: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
On October 31, 2006, a video game based on the series was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Developed by Sensory Sweep Studios, it was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and distributed by Eidos Interactive. Playing as Jerry, the main objective of the game is to help Jerry get Tom into trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game, such as the female robotic mouse from the episode "Hi, Robot."
- Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Baisley, Sarah. "Kids' WB! on The CW 2006-2007 Saturday AM Schedule Launches Sept. 23". Animation World Network. Archived from the original on July 5, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 1". Animated Views. Archived from the original on July 4, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 2". Animated Views. Archived from the original on July 4, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- DeMott, Rick (December 4, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales 3 Crashes Onto DVD". Animation World Network. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Felix, Justin (May 19, 2008). "Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four". DVD Talk. Archived from the original on July 17, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (August 11, 2008). "DVD Releases For August 12, 2008". Animation World Network. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (February 2, 2009). "Madagascar 2, Oliver & Co., Space Buddies & Fear(s) of the Dark Hit DVD/Blu-ray". Animation World Network. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- McCutcheon, David (January 8, 2010). "Tales of Tom and Jerry - The Complete First Season". IGN. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. (October 31, 2006). "Tom and Jerry Tales Videogame Hits Stores Today, October 31" (Press release). Business Wire. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.