Tom and Jerry (2020 film)
Tom and Jerry is an upcoming 2020 American live-action/animated comedy film based on the cartoon characters and animated theatrical short film series of the same name created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. It is being directed by Tim Story and will star the cat and mouse duo of the film, Tom and Jerry. It will also star Chloë Grace Moretz, Michael Peña, Ken Jeong and Rob Delaney.
|Tom and Jerry|
|Directed by||Tim Story|
|Produced by||Christopher DeFaria|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry|
by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
|Edited by||Nick Kenway|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
- William Hanna and Mel Blanc as Tom (from archival vocal recordings)
- William Hanna, Mel Blanc, and June Foray as Jerry (from archival vocal recordings)
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Kayla
- Michael Peña as Terrance
- Colin Jost
- Ken Jeong as Jackie
- Rob Delaney as DuBros
- Pallavi Sharda as Preeta
- Jordan Bolger as Cameron
- Patsy Ferran
In October 2018, it was announced that Tim Story would direct a live-action/animated Tom and Jerry film for Warner Bros., which would begin filming in 2019. It was reported that Story was in discussions with Warner Bros. executives about what he was interested in directing. When the Tom and Jerry film was brought up, Story immediately "mentioned his admiration for the characters and how he’d love tackling that property." In March 2019, it was reported that Zoey Deutch and Olivia Cooke were frontrunners for the lead live-action role of Kayla, “who teams up with Tom to stop the pesky Jerry from ruining an important event for herself.” Additionally, Yara Shahidi, Kelly Marie Tran, Becky G and Isabela Moner were in consideration for the role. Later that month, it was reported that Peter Dinklage was being considered for the role of Terrance, Kayla's boss and the human antagonist of the film. In April, Chloë Grace Moretz was in final negotiations to star in the film. In May 2019, Michael Peña joined the cast in the role Dinklage was eyed for. Colin Jost, Ken Jeong, Rob Delaney, Jordan Bolger and Pallavi Sharda were added to the cast in July. Patsy Ferran was revealed to be part of the cast in September.
- Kroll, Justin (October 15, 2018). "'Tom and Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo' Movies Land Top Filmmaking Talent at Warner Animation (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Shuler, Skyler (March 8, 2019). "EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. Interested In Zoey Deutch And Olivia Cooke For A Role In The Live-Action 'TOM and JERRY' Film". That Hashtag Show. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- TIM STORY’S ‘TOM AND JERRY’ EYEING PETER DINKLAGE FOR ANTAGONIST ROLE
- Sneider, Jeff (April 26, 2019). "Exclusive: Chloë Grace Moretz to Star in WB's 'Tom and Jerry' Movie". Collider. Collider, Inc. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (May 21, 2019). "Michael Peña Joins Hybrid 'Tom & Jerry' Movie At Warner Bros". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- ‘Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost Joins Warner Bros.’ ‘Tom And Jerry’
- "Warner Bros.' 'Tom and Jerry' Adds Ken Jeong and Rob Delaney". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Alessandro Nivola, Gemma Arterton Head Killer Cast For BBC One/FX 3-Part Adaptation Of Rumer Godden Steamy Lit Classic ‘Black Narcissus’
- "'Tom and Jerry' Enlists Cinematographer Alan Stewart ('Aladdin,' 'Toff Guys')". GWW. February 20, 2019. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony; D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 25, 2019). "'Tom & Jerry' Jumps To Christmas 2020, 'The Witches' Inches Up A Week Next Fall". Retrieved January 24, 2020.
- Welk, Brian (March 12, 2019). "'Sesame Street' and 'Tom and Jerry' Films Set for Early 2021". TheWrap. Retrieved April 6, 2019.