Hubočan with Dynamo Moscow in 2014
|Full name||Tomáš Hubočan|
|Date of birth||17 September 1985|
|Place of birth||Žilina, Czechoslovakia|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2006||→ Zlaté Moravce (loan)||3||(1)|
|2017–2018||→ Trabzonspor (loan)||20||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 June 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 October 2018
Hubočan began in MŠK Žilina since his youth years, beyond the time when he was on loan in Zlaté Moravce since January 2006 until June 2006. After the end of loan he came back to MŠK Žilina and he worked up for one of the best defenders in Slovak Superliga. In the season 2006/2007, he won Slovak Superliga.
Hubočan signed for Zenit on 11 February 2008 on a three-year contract for €3,8 million, the highest ever paid to a Slovak club. Hubočan is hoped to fill the vacancy in the center of Zenit's defense created by fellow Slovak defender Martin Škrtel being sold to Liverpool.
As Zenit's star center-backs Ivica Križanac and Nicolas Lombaerts were still on the injured list, and defenders Kim Dong-Jin and Roman Shirokov were not quite ready to make their comebacks, Hubočan received his first taste of Champions League football against Real Madrid (at the Petrovsky stadium) on 30 September 2008. Only having played a total of 11 games for Zenit, it was a rude awakening as he conceded a disastrous own-goal in the 4th minute.
Having only played in 22 league games over two seasons, Hubočan wasn't quite trusted by former head coaches Dick Advocaat and Anatoly Davydov. He finally broke through to the starting eleven in 2010 under Italian Luciano Spalletti, winning the competition for the unfamiliar left back spot over the likes of Michael Lumb and Radek Šírl. Spalletti rated Hubočan as a hot prospect for the future.
- As of 5 May 2018
|Žilina||2004–05||Slovak Super Liga||2||0||0||0||0||0||–||2||0|
|ViOn Zlaté Moravce||2005–06||2. Liga||3||1||0||0||–||–||3||1|
|Žilina||2006–07||Slovak Super Liga||26||1||0||0||–||–||26||1|
|Total (2 spells)||38||2||0||0||2||0||0||0||40||2|
|Zenit St. Petersburg||2008||Russian Premier League||11||0||1||0||2||0||1[b]||0||15||0|
|FC Dynamo Moscow||2014–15||Russian Premier League||18||1||1||0||8||0||–||27||1|
Zenit St. Petersburg
- "Archived copy" (in Slovak). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2016.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Лучано Спаллетти: "Тот, кто выигрывает титул, остаётся в истории" (in Russian). FC Zenit. 11 May 2010. Archived from the original on 15 August 2010.
- "Agreement with Tomas Hubocan" (in Turkish). Trabzonspor. 7 September 2017.
- Profile at the official FC Zenit St. Petersburg website ‹See Tfd›(in Russian)
- Profile at the official Russian Premier League website ‹See Tfd›(in Russian)
- MŠK Žilina players
- Tomáš Hubočan at National-Football-Teams.com