Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
Main Library, Michigan Street Entrance
|Location||325 N Michigan St, Toledo, Ohio 43604|
|Branches||Main Library + 19 branches|
|Access and use|
The library was founded in 1838, Ohio's first public library created with tax money. The Toledo Public Main Library at 325 North Michigan Street opened on September 5, 1940. The current system was created in 1970 by the merger of the Toledo Public, Lucas County, and Sylvania Public libraries. In 2001, the Main Library was restored and added 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) to an Art Deco facility.
Toledo Lucas County Public Library is Ohio's fourth largest public library collection, because the main library holds 1.2 million reference materials, including books, DVDs, and CDs. It also contains photographs, genealogical resource materials, periodicals, family histories, obituaries, court records, and archives from the Toledo Blade.
eMedia: The library offers Overdrive, RBdigital, Flipster, and many more online subscriptions. See all eMedia.
The library has 20 branches and 4 Outreach Services vehicles: Birmingham Branch, Heatherdowns Branch, Holland Branch, Kent Branch, Lagrange Branch, [[David Ross Locke|Locke Branch, Maumee Branch, King Road Branch, Mott Branch, Oregon Branch, Outreach Services, Point Place Branch, Reynolds Corners Branch, Sanger Branch, South Branch, Sylvania Branch, Toledo Heights Branch, Washington Branch, Waterville Branch, and West Toledo Branch.
Located at 325 North Michigan Street in downtown Toledo. The Main Library has several departments, including Audio/Visual, Popular/Technology, Humanities, Business Technology, Children's, Teen, and Local History and Genealogy. The Children's Library at Main Library also houses a creativity lab, the Susan M. Savage Family Place.
Located at 203 Paine Avenue. This branch opened in 1920 in the East Side Community House before to it's current home in 1930. In 2003, there was a renovation that nearly doubled the size of the branch. This branch features a collection of materials related to Hungarian language and culture.
Located at 3265 Glanzman Road. Opened in 1968.
Located at 1032 South McCord Road. Opened in 1984.
Located at 3101 Collingwood Boulevard. Opened in 1917.
Located at 3900 King Road. Opened in 2016.
Located 3422 Lagrange Street. Opened in 1934.
Located at 703 Miami Street. Opened in 1917.
Located at 501 River Road. Opened in 1918.
Located at 1085 Dorr Street. Opened in 1918.
Located at 3340 Dustin Road. Opened in 1965.
Located at 2727 117th Street. Opened in 1926.
Located at 4833 Dorr Street. Opened in 1958.
Located at 3030 W. Central Avenue. Opened in 1950.
Located at 1736 Broadway Street. Opened in 1918.
Located at 6749 Monroe Street. Opened in 1927.
Located at 423 Shasta Drive. Opened in 1935.
Located at 5560 Harvest Lane. Opened in 1928.
Located at 800 Michigan Avenue. Opened in 1964.
Located at 1320 Sylvania Avenue. Opened in 1930.
Located at 3900 King Road.
To view all events, visit the events page.
- https://library.ohio.gov/documents/2016-ohio-public-library-statistics/ 2016 Ohio Public Library Statistics, Page 215
- https://library.ohio.gov/documents/2016-ohio-public-library-statistics/ 2016 Ohio Public Library Statistics, Page 211
- https://library.ohio.gov/documents/2016-ohio-public-library-statistics/ 2016 Ohio Public Library Statistics, Page 212
- https://library.ohio.gov/documents/2016-ohio-public-library-statistics/ 2016 Ohio Public Library Statistics, Page 232
- http://www.toledolibrary.org/uploads/images/CAFR-2016.pdf Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Page S-28
- Toledo.com "Toledo Lucas County Public Libraries"
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts selected: Lucas County, Ohio". www.census.gov. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
- "Locations | Birmingham | Toledo Lucas County Public Library". www.toledolibrary.org. Retrieved 2017-07-20.