Tokyo Polytechnic University
Tokyo Polytechnic University (東京工芸大学, Tōkyō Kōgei Daigaku) is a private university in Honchō, Nakano, Tokyo. Its nickname is Shadai (写大). It was formerly known as Tokyo College of Photography (東京写真大学, Tōkyō Shashin Daigaku).
|Campus||Nakano, Tokyo, Atsugi, Kanagawa|
The university was founded as Konishi Professional School of Photography in Shibuya in 1923. The founder, Rokuemon Sugiura VII, was the president of Konishi Main Shop (later Konica) at that time and founded the school to fulfil the wish of Rokuemon Sugiura VI, the previous president.
Since 2007, the university has offered courses in manga studies and animation studies. Tokyo Polytechnic is also notable for being one of the few universities in Japan to have a game design department, with its faculty including such notable practitioners as Pac-Man creator Toru Iwatani and Xevious creator Masanobu Endō. The university also operates the Suginami Animation Museum, which focuses on the history and future of the animation industry in Japan.
- Akitaro Daichi
- Eikoh Hosoe (photographer)
- Yoko Kamio
- Takashi Koizumi
- Mouna Karray (photographer) 
- Kōichi Saitō (film director)
- Mutsuo Sugiura
- Sakae Tamura (photographer)
- Kenji Tsuruta
- Shin Yanagisawa (photographer)
- "History - Corporate Information". KONICA MINOLTA. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "Department of Game|Faculty of Arts|Tokyo Polytechnic University". 東京工芸大学. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- Wolf, Mark J. P. (May 2015). Video Games Around the World. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. p. 636. ISBN 9780262527163.
- "Keynotes announced! – Replaying Japan 2016". Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "Modernising Super Mario: How Nintendo has reinvented its star". TODAYonline. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- Bureau, Tokyo Convention & Visitors. "Tokyo Polytechnic University Suginami Animation Museum". The Official Tokyo Travel Guide, GO TOKYO. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- Jinbo Kyōko (神保京子), "Hosoe Eikō" (細江英公), Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典) / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers (Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000; ISBN 4-473-01750-8), p.277.
- "Mouna Karray". Edge of Arabia. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Nihon kindai shashin no seiritsu to tenkai (日本近代写真の成立と展開) / The Founding and Development of Modern Photography in Japan (Tokyo: Tokyo Museum of Photography, 1995), p.277.
- Nakahara Atsuyuki (中原淳行), "Yanagisawa Shin" (柳沢信), Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典) / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers (Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000; ISBN 4-473-01750-8), p.316.
- Profile of Ōishi, Nikon Corp. Accessed 2010-11-03.