Lindholm first received attention for his work as a television writer on the popular Danish political TV-series Borgen, credited on all 20 episodes of the series' first two seasons, either as an episode writer or storyline contributor. Then, in 2011, Lindholm was awarded a special Bodil Award for having two feature films Submarino (as co-writer) and R (as director and writer) in competition for that year's Best Danish Film, which the latter movie also won. His hostage drama A Hijacking (2012) premiered at the 2012 Venice Film Festival in the Orizzonti section.
Lindholm directed the 2015 drama A War (Danish: Krigen) about a Danish military company in Afghanistan that is captured by the Taliban, and the commander is accused of war crimes. The film was nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards.
|2016||Follow the Money||Writer||2 episodes|
- "'R' er årets danske film". kino.dk.
- "A Hijacking: Venice review". The Hollywood Reporter. September 3, 2012.
- "Krigen". KINO.dk (in Danish).
- Ford, Rebecca (14 January 2016). "Oscar Nominations: The Complete List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "BLÅ BOG: Tobias Lindholm er blevet hot i Hollywood" (in Danish). BT. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- Saito, Stephen. "Interview: Tobias Lindholm on Meeting the Demands of the Insanely Tense High Seas Thriller "A Hijacking"". Moveable Fest. Retrieved 23 September 2014.