To Love and Die
To Love and Die is the title of an American television action comedy-drama starring Shiri Appleby and Tim Matheson, and created by Sara Goodman. The show was greenlit to series on the USA Network in July 2007, with a 12-episode order that was planned to air in 2008. The 2-hour pilot finally premiered on December 30, 2008 as a television movie, receiving little promotion. The series was believed to have been dropped by the channel.
|To Love and Die|
|Created by||Sara Goodman|
|Starring||Shiri Appleby |
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producers||JoAnn Alfano|
|Camera setup||Multi-Camera Setup|
|Running time||approx. 42 minutes|
|Original network||USA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||December 30, 2008|
The pilot was directed by Mark Piznarski.
- Hildy Young (Shiri Appleby) — Young woman with intimacy issues who, after finding her father, ends up working for him as a contract killer.
- James White (Tim Matheson) — Hildy's contract killer father.
- Janet (Frances Fisher) — Hildy's intrusive and overbearing mother who constantly inserts herself into her daughter's messy love life.
- Nancy (Kristin Datillo) — Hildy's well mannered sister that has played it safe in life, opting for a quiet suburban home, two kids and a nice, boring husband.
- Eddie (Christine Adams) — A key member of White's contracting organization
- Blue (Ivan Sergei) — James's protégé who meets his match when he meets his boss's daughter
- Grandfather (Seymour Cassel) — James's former mentor, who handed the reins to James but often complains about his way of doing things and remembers how it used to be in the old days.
To Love and Die is produced by NBC Universal Television Studios and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels ("Saturday Night Live," "30 Rock"), Andrew Singer ("Sons & Daughters"), Sara Goodman , and David Kanter ("Crime & Punishment") serve as executive producers.