|<< Tir >>|
Tir (Persian: تیر, Persian pronunciation: [tiːɾ]) is the fourth month of the Solar Hijri calendar, which is the official calendar of Iran and Afghanistan. Tir has thirty-one days, spanning parts of June and July in the Gregorian calendar. In Afghan Persian it is called Saraṭān (Cancer).
- 14 - 1155 - The Second Continental Congress adopts the Declaration of Independence of the United States.
- 11 - 1246 - The British North America Act takes effect, marking the unification of the British Province of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick into one Dominion of Canada.
- 1 - 1320 - World War II - Operation Barbarossa
- 4 - 1370 - Independence of Slovenia and Croatia from Yugoslav Federation; beginning the Yugoslav War.
- 8 - 1374 - Sampoong Department Store collapse in South Korea
- 25 - 1395 - Attempted coup d'etat in Turkey
- 4 - 1392 - Taghi Rouhani, Iranian radio news anchor.
- 22 - 1391 - Hamid Samandarian, Iranian film and theater director and translator.
- 26 - 1390 - Rouhollah Dadashi, Iranian Powerlifter, Bodybuilder and Strongman.
- 29 - 1391 - Mohammad Hassan Ganji, an Iranian meteorologist and academic.
- "Months and Seasons - Persian Vocabulary". 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.