- This article is about a village in Ohio. For the city in Ohio see Tippecanoe City.
Tippecanoe is a census-designated place (CDP) in central Washington Township, Harrison County, Ohio, United States. It is located along State Route 800. Although it is unincorporated, it had a post office until 2011 with the ZIP code of 44699.
Tippecanoe was platted in 1840. The community derives its name from the campaign song "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too". A post office was established at Tippecanoe in 1841, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 2011.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Hanna, Charles Augustus (1900). Historical Collections of Harrison County, in the State of Ohio. p. 115.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 133.
- "Harrison County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Postmaster Finder". United States Postal Service. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
|This Harrison County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|