Tinted Windows (band)
Tinted Windows is an American rock supergroup formed by guitarist James Iha of The Smashing Pumpkins, singer Taylor Hanson of Hanson, Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick. Josh Lattanzi also often performs with the band as the second guitarist.
The group performs at the Black Cat in August 2009
|Origin||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Power pop, alternative rock, post-punk revival|
|Associated acts||The Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, A Perfect Circle, Fountains of Wayne, Ivy, Hanson|
|Members||Taylor Hanson |
Bun E. Carlos
|Past members||Adam Schlesinger|
The first performance by the band was on March 18, 2009 at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The band made their South by Southwest debut on March 20, 2009 at the Levi/Fader Fort, followed by a set at the Pangea Lounge. The band also played at The Bamboozle in New Jersey on May 3, 2009.
On February 19, 2009, it was announced that the band signed with S-Curve Records, the label best known for releasing such acts as Joss Stone, Fountains of Wayne and Tom Jones. On April 21, 2009, it was confirmed that their self-titled album Tinted Windows had been released on that label.
On February 24, the band digitally released their debut single "Kind of a Girl" alongside a promotional video, with a segment from a fictional music show Rock After Dark. They performed the song on Late Show with David Letterman on April 21. They performed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on April 24.
Tinted Windows played concerts in the U.S. in June, August, and September 2009, and in Japan in January 2010.
The band's Facebook page has not had a post since December 6, 2009. And while the band initially appeared on their record label S-Curve Records' website, they were removed from the artist lineup sometime between June 6 and August 8, 2011. 
But in 2014, band member Taylor Hanson mentioned the band to the press a number of times. In an interview published October 9, 2014, with Coup De Main Magazine, Hanson stated that the band was still together and there was "some process going on now to make a new album."
- Tinted Windows (2009)
- "Tinted Windows show sells out fast". Tulsa World. 2009-02-27. Archived from the original on 2012-10-08.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "SXSW interview discussing the formation of Tinted Windows". Roxwel.com. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Bamboozle unveils lineups/days". Punknews.org. 2009-02-06. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "SXSW 2009 ARTIST ALERT: Tinted Windows". Yahoo! Music. 2009-03-21.
- Newman, Melinda (2009-02-20). "Breaking: Taylor Hanson's new band, Tinted Windows, signs to S-Curve". Hitfix.com. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "WTF: Members of Smashing Pumpkins, Hanson, Cheap Trick, and Fountains of Wayne Form Band". Pitchforkmedia.com. Archived from the original on 2009-03-05. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Breaking: Tinted Windows". Rolling Stone. April 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- Graff, Gary (April 16, 2009). "Tinted Windows Ready To Hit The Road". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- "S-Curve Records Artists". S-Curve Records. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 27 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "INTERVIEW: TAYLOR HANSON ON THE IMPORTANCE OF FANS, INNOVATION & STAYING TRUE". Coupe De Main Magazine. Archived from the original on 5 July 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Adam Schlesinger, Fountains of Wayne and 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' musician, dies of coronavirus at 52". NBC News. Retrieved 2020-04-02.
- "Fountains Of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger Dies At 52 After Contracting COVID-19". NPR.org. Retrieved 2020-04-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tinted Windows (band).|