Tin Hau, Hong Kong
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tin Hau does not refer to a formal district but to an area so called by some people in Hong Kong. To be more formal in indicating areas of Causeway Bay which is near to the Tin Hau Station of the MTR, Causeway Bay (Tin Hau) is used. Most definitions of Tin Hau include areas in southeastern Causeway Bay, Hong Kong surrounding the MTR Tin Hau Station, so named due to its proximity to the Causeway Bay Tin Hau Temple.
The term "Tin Hau" is also used to describe the location of places like Queen's College (just beside Tin Hau MTR Station) and the Central Library (Tin Hau station B exit's name) and the Causeway Bay Sports Ground which is located in the Wan Chai District. Several government offices and facilities such as Causeway Bay Market are located there.
Places in Causeway Bay (Tin Hau)Edit
- Hong Kong Central Library (Tin Hau MTR Exit B's name)
- Victoria Park (Tin Hau MTR Exit A's name)
- Causeway Bay Sports Ground
- Causeway Bay Market (No. 142 Electric Road)
- L'hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View
- Causeway Bay Metro Park Hotel
- Queen's College (The first boys school in Hong Kong)
- Belilios Public School (The first girls school in Hong Kong. This school is still in Eastern District, as it was excluded from a constituency boundaries change from Eastern District to Wan Chai District in 2016.)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tin Hau, Hong Kong.|
|This Hong Kong Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|