Timmy, or sometimes Timmie, is a masculine name, a short form of Timothy or Tim. This variation is popular as a nickname and is commonly used when someone is young, but is often used in adulthood. It is a version of the Greek name Τιμόθεος (Timόtheos) meaning "one who honours God", from τιμή "honour" and θεός "god". Tim (and its variations) is a common name in several countries.
|Word/name||Greek name Τιμόθεος|
|Meaning||"Honouring God" or "Honoured by God"|
|Related names||Tim, Timothy, Timo, Timofei, Tymish, Timotey, Timoteo, Timotheus, Tymoteusz, Timothée, Tijs|
- Timmy Allen (born 2000), an American basketball player
- Timmy Chang (born 1981), American college football coach and former quarterback
- Timmy Chipeco (born 1975), Filipino politician
- Timmy Dooley (born 1969), Irish politician
- Timmy Duggan (born 1982), American retired road racing cyclist
- Timmy Fitzpatrick, 1940s hurling goalkeeper
- Timmy Hammersley (born 1987), Irish hurler
- Timmy Hansen (born 1992), Swedish rallycross driver
- Timmy Hill (born 1993), American stock car racing driver
- Timmy Horne (born 1997), American football player
- Timmy Jernigan (born 1992), American National Football League player
- Timmy Kelleher (born 1970), Irish retired hurler
- Timmy Mallett (born 1955), English TV presenter, broadcaster and artist
- Timmy Matley, lead singer of the British group the Overtones
- Timmy Murphy (born 1974), Irish jockey
- Timmy O'Dowd (born 1963), Irish Gaelic footballer
- Timmy Payungka Tjapangati (c. 1942–2000), Australian Aboriginal artist
- Timmy Pettersson (born 1977), Swedish ice hockey player
- Timmy Simons (born 1976), Belgian footballer
- Timmy Smith (born 1964), American former National Football League player
- Timmy Thiele (born 1991), German footballer
- Timmy Thomas (born 1944), American R&B singer, keyboardist, songwriter and record producer
- Timmy Trumpet, stage name of Australian house DJ and producer Timothy Jude Smith
- Timmy Williams (born 1981), American comedian and member of The Whitest Kids U' Know
- Timmy Yip (born 1967), film art director and designer
- Timmy, a dog from The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton
- Timmy, a large green monster on The Muppet Show
- Timmy, a lamb from the animated television series Shaun the Sheep and its spin-off Timmy Time
- Timmy, a character from the animated television series Winx Club
- Timmy Baterman, a fictional character from Stephen King's novel Pet Semetary
- Timmy Brisby a young mouse in the 1982 film adaptation The Secret of NIMH
- Timmy Burch, a wheelchair-using character with a cognitive disability on the TV series South Park
- Timmy Lenox, on the soap opera Passions
- Timmy Martin, the boy who owns the dog Lassie in the long-running TV series Lassie
- Timmy Time, British children's TV character.
- The Adventures of Timmy the Tooth, animated children's TV character.
- Timmy Turner, from the animated television series The Fairly OddParents
- Timmy (gorilla) (1959–2011), a longtime resident of the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Timmie, given name
- Timme, given name and surname
- Tim (given name)
- Timothy (disambiguation)
- Tim (disambiguation)
- Timoti (disambiguation)
- Drew Timme (born 2000), American basketball player whose surname is pronounced "Timmy"
- ^ "Timothy." Nelson's Student Bible Dictionary. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, Inc. 2005.
- ^ Harper, Douglas. "Timothy". Online Etymology Dictionary.
- ^ τιμή, θεός. Liddell, Henry George; Scott, Robert; A Greek–English Lexicon at the Perseus Project.