Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks
Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks is a 1991 compilation album featuring songs from the solo career of American singer/songwriter and Fleetwood Mac vocalist Stevie Nicks. The album features many of her hit singles, along with three new songs: "Sometimes It's a Bitch", "Love's a Hard Game to Play", and "Desert Angel" (which Nicks wrote for the men and women serving in the 1991 Gulf War). The CD booklet contains notes written by Nicks herself about the making of each song.
|Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks|
|Greatest hits album by|
|Released||September 3, 1991|
Atlantic Records (U.S./Canada)
Jon Bon Jovi
|Stevie Nicks chronology|
The album debuted and peaked at #30 on the Billboard 200, Nicks' lowest charting album at the time but it remained on the chart for nearly six months and as of February 2011 the album had sold over 1.5 million copies in the U.S. The album was certified Platinum in the U.S. in 1997. The album also achieved a Gold sales certification in the UK for shipping 100,000 copies and was Nicks' third Top 20 album there. The album spent 4 weeks at #1 in New Zealand.
The Fleetwood Mac track "Silver Springs" (written by Nicks) was originally intended to be in the compilation, but Mick Fleetwood would not allow Nicks to release the track because of his plans to release it on a forthcoming Fleetwood Mac box set. This led to a dispute, resulting in Nicks leaving Fleetwood Mac for several years.
|Christgau's Consumer Guide|||
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The New Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
|1.||"Sometimes It's a Bitch" (Previously unreleased)||Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon||4:37|
|2.||"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (Duet with Tom Petty, Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Tom Petty, Mike Campbell||4:04|
|3.||"Whole Lotta Trouble" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks, Campbell||4:30|
|4.||"Talk to Me"||Chas Sanford||4:10|
|5.||"Stand Back" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks||4:56|
|6.||"Beauty and the Beast"||Nicks||6:04|
|7.||"If Anyone Falls" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks, Sandy Stewart||4:07|
|8.||"Rooms on Fire" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks, Rick Nowels||4:39|
|9.||"Love's a Hard Game to Play" (Previously unreleased)||Bret Michaels, Pat Schunk||5:02|
|10.||"Edge of Seventeen" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks||5:27|
|11.||"Leather and Lace" (Duet with Don Henley, Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks||3:48|
|12.||"I Can't Wait"||Nicks, Nowels, Eric Pressly||4:36|
|13.||"Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You?" (Chris Lord-Alge Remix)||Nicks||4:37|
|14.||"Desert Angel" (Previously unreleased)||Nicks, Campbell||5:21|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||1|
|Australian Albums Chart||13|
|U.K. Official Albums Chart||15|
|U.S. Billboard Top 200||30|
|Swedish Albums Chart||37|
|Canadian Albums Chart||38|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Platinum||15,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Music Chart Analysis, Artist Spotlights, Music Insider, Chart Beat & News". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Fleetwood Mac Timeline for the 1990s". Fleetwoodmac-uk.com. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- DeGagne, Mike. "Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-12-02.
- Christgau, Robert (2000-10-15). Christgau's Consumer Guide: Albums of the '90s. Macmillan Publishing. p. 226. ISBN 9780312245603.
- Larkin, Colin (2011-05-27). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Omnibus Press. p. 1997. ISBN 9780857125958.
- Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian David (2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon and Schuster. p. 585. ISBN 9780743201698.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia’s Music Charts 1988–2010 (PDF ed.). Mt Martha, Victoria, Australia: Moonlight Publishing. p. 203.
- "New Zealand album certifications – Stevie Nicks – Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- "British album certifications – Stevie Nicks – Timespace – The Best of Stevie Nicks". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type Timespace – The Best of Stevie Nicks in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American album certifications – Stevie Nicks – Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
|This article about a 1990s pop rock album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|