Times Square (shopping mall)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Times Square mall contains a department store, a multiplex theater, a shopping mall and many restaurants. It also has an urban entertainment culture space (UELC, Urban Entertailing Lifestyle Center). Its architectural features include plazas, terraces, water fountains and numerous gardens.
Construction of Times Square started in 2006 on the site of a former Kyungbang plant in Yeongdeungpo, and lasted for three years. The construction cost a total of 600 billion won. On September 16, 2009, the mall officially opened, welcoming an average of 210,000 people per day.
Guinness world record listingEdit
CGV Yeongdeungpo's super large screen 'Starium' was officially listed as the world's largest fixed screen for 35mm movies in Guinness World Records. The screen is 31.38 m in length and 13.0 m in height, with an area of 407.9 m2. However it lost the title to Lotte World Mall following its opening in October 2014, with the largest screen now being the Super Plex G in the auditorium of the Lotte Cinema World Tower.
- "Times Square (타임스퀘어)". Official Site of Korea Tourism. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Lee, Eun-joo (15 September 2009). "Giant Seoul mall to open tomorrow". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Lee, Eun-joo (17 September 2009). "Location still the recipe for success". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Largest Permanent 35mm Cinema Screen". Guinnessworldrecords.com. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Guinness World Records". www.guinnessworldrecords.com. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "Superflex G is the biggest screen in the world".
- "타임스퀘어". Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- "TIMESSQUARE > 타임스퀘어". www.timessquare.co.kr. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- "TIMESSQUARE > DIRECTIONS". www.timessquare.co.kr. Retrieved 2015-06-08.