Timothy David Wilkinson (born 26 July 1978) is a professional golfer from New Zealand.
|Full name||Timothy David Wilkinson|
|Born||26 July 1978|
Palmerston North, New Zealand
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb; 11 st 0 lb)|
|Residence||Palmerston North, New Zealand|
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Former tour(s)||Korn Ferry Tour|
PGA Tour of Australasia
|Best results in major championships|
|U.S. Open||T48: 2018|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
Wilkinson joined the second tier Nationwide Tour in 2005, but failed to win enough money to graduate directly to the PGA Tour. He finally obtained his PGA Tour card by finishing inside the top 25 at the 2007 qualifying school.
Wilkinson had a successful rookie season on the PGA Tour in 2008, the highlights being an outright third at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans and finishing joint runner-up at the Valero Texas Open, two shots behind winner Zach Johnson. He made over one million dollars in prize money and finished 92nd on the final money list.
In 2009, Wilkinson played in the final pairing at the Verizon Heritage, but faded to finish T6. A thumb ligament injury curtailed his season and saw him gain a major medical extension of his playing rights. By June 2010 he had played the 12 events this extension afforded him, and had not earned enough money to retain his status.
Wilkinson finished fifth on the 2013 Web.com Tour regular season money list to earn his 2014 PGA Tour card.
- 2000 New Zealand Stroke Play Championship
- 2002 SBS Invitational
Korn Ferry Tour playoff record (0–1)
|1||2019||LECOM Health Challenge||Ryan Brehm||Lost to birdie on first extra hole|
Results in major championshipsEdit
|The Open Championship|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
- Nomura Cup (representing New Zealand): 2001
- Eisenhower Trophy (representing New Zealand): 2002
- Bonallack Trophy (representing Asia/Pacific): 2002 (winners)
- Howit, Bob (1 February 2016). "Turbo man at the top". The Cut. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Golf: Wilkinson earns PGA Tour card". The New Zealand Herald. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2009.
- "Tim Wilkinson happy with opening year". stuff.co.nz. 11 November 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2009.
- Khokhar, Ahmer (30 November 2008). "Golf: Doing it his own way". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 9 April 2009.
- "Wilkinson Looking to ride the wind to a historic victory". pgatour.com. 14 April 2009. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Wilkinson finds form with top eight finish". stuff.co.nz. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2011.