Timothy Richard Heidecker (//; born February 3, 1976) is an American comedian, writer, director, actor, and musician. He is best known as one half of the comedy duo Tim & Eric, along with Eric Wareheim. They are noted for creating the television shows Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, and Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories.
Heidecker performing in 2012
Timothy Richard Heidecker
February 3, 1976
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Occupation||Comedian, writer, director, actor, musician|
|Tim & Eric|
Heidecker has also acted in several films, including Bridesmaids (2011), Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie (2012), The Comedy (2012), Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) and Us (2019). He currently co-hosts the parodic film review web series On Cinema and stars in the comedy series Decker, both alongside Gregg Turkington.
Heidecker and Wareheim first became known as the creators, writers, and stars of Tom Goes to the Mayor, a limited animation series that originally aired from November 2004 to September 2006 on the Adult Swim channel. Tim plays "Tom," the protagonist of the show. He continually brings his ideas to the Mayor (played by Wareheim), who ends up thwarting them in most cases and leaving Tom worse off than when he started. According to their website Wareheim and Heidecker had mailed copies of an early version of the show to comedian Bob Odenkirk, who agreed to take on the project as the executive producer of the series and sold it to Adult Swim.
The duo's next show, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, premiered on February 11, 2007 on Adult Swim. The eleven-minute show features "live action, sketch, animation, emotions, phone calls, love, etc."
Heidecker starred in Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie. Wareheim and Heidecker appeared together as Debt Collectors on the Adult Swim special, The Young Persons Guide to History and have made guest appearances in the movie Let's Go to Prison, as well as the Scottish video game series VideoGaiden and a Version 2 episode of Mega64. Heidecker also had a small role in the 2011 film Bridesmaids, and a leading role in the 2012 independent drama The Comedy, directed by Rick Alverson and also starring Wareheim. In July 2012, Heidecker starred in an episode of Workaholics. In August 2012, he guest starred in Dinosaur Jr.'s music video "Watch the Corners." In the same year, Heidecker made a cameo appearance on the independent movie reviewing site, Red Letter Media. Heidecker appeared in an episode of the RedLetterMedia series, "Half in The Bag." The episode is titled "Season Finale: Step Up Revolution." Within the short sketch comedy, Heidecker plays a VCR repairman named "Tim". Shortly after his introduction into the scene, he flies through the ceiling and makes his exit from the skit.
Heidecker starred in a series of films for Absolut Vodka's website with Wareheim and Zach Galifianakis. In March 2010, Heidecker and Wareheim directed a series of Old Spice commercials starring actor Terry Crews. Using characters and skits from Awesome Show, Heidecker and Wareheim (via their Abso Lutely Productions company) created an online-only show called "Tim and Eric Nite Live!," originally broadcast on the website SuperDeluxe.
Since 2012 Heidecker has been hosting a parodic web series and podcast called On Cinema, where he and special guest (Gregg Turkington) discuss films from past and present. In 2013 an On Cinema Film Guide app was released, featuring the voices of Heidecker and Turkington reviewing over 17,000 films.
The duo's most recent show, Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories premiered on Adult Swim on September 18, 2014.
Although Davin Wood composed the music for Awesome Show, Heidecker would sometimes sing and write lyrics. Williams Street Records released both Awesome Record, Great Songs! and Uncle Muscles Presents Casey And His Brother in 2008, featuring music from the first two seasons. Wood previously composed the music for Tom Goes To The Mayor, and he and Heidecker form the duo Heidecker & Wood. Inspired by 1970s soft rock, they released their first album, Starting From Nowhere, on March 15, 2011. The duo released a second album in the same style on November 12, 2013, Some Things Never Stay the Same. They cite the influence of Randy Newman, Warren Zevon, Harry Nilsson, and Boz Scaggs. The duo will perform in October at Festival Supreme.
In October 2012, Heidecker contributed a parody campaign jingle for Herman Cain's presidential bid titled "Cain Train". This was the first of nine songs which would eventually become a full album, titled Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain. All of the proceeds from the album's sales go to benefit the Violence Intervention Program. The number nine was chosen as the number of songs, and $9.99 the original price, in reference to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 financial plan.
Before the release of Bob Dylan's album Tempest in September 2012, Heidecker released a Dylan pastiche called "Titanic", spoofing the news that the album would feature a 14-minute track about the RMS Titanic. In 2013, he released two more Dylan parodies—"Running Out the Clock", inspired by Dylan's 1983 album Infidels, and "Long Black Dress", a song in the actual style of Dylan's album Tempest—and collaborated with the indie band The Earth is a Man on a cover of Dylan's "All the Tired Horses."
In December 2013, Heidecker released the album Urinal St. Station under the Drag City label with his band, The Yellow River Boys. The lead single, "Hot Piss," was released in June 2013. Vice Magazine named Urinal St. Station as the best album of 2013.
Heidecker and Davin Wood composed and performed the song "Weatherman" which was used in the 2014 film The Age of Reason.
On June 24, 2014, Heidecker and Wareheim released a 12" single, "Jambalaya", as Pusswhip Banggang.
Heidecker's solo album In Glendale was released May 20, 2016 on Rado Records.
He released Too Dumb for Suicide: Tim Heidecker's Trump Songs via Jagjaguwar on November 8, 2017—a year to the date since Trump's election. It includes songs about Richard Spencer, the white nationalist with the trendy haircut; about the inner monologue of Trump's private pilot, who intends to kill Trump by crashing the plane (Father John Misty contributes a cover); and about the colorectal complications stemming from Trump's poor diet of fast food staples like KFC, among other topics.
|2001||The Attic Expeditions||Orderly||Film debut|
|2006||Let's Go to Prison||Wine Taster||With Eric Wareheim|
|The Five-Year Engagement||Chef|
|Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie||Tim||Writer|
|2014||A Merry Friggin' Christmas||Dave|
|Fantastic Four||Mr. Richards|
|2016||First Girl I Loved||Mr. Q|
|2017||Brigsby Bear||Coach Brad|
|2018||Ant-Man and the Wasp||Captain Daniel Gooobler|
|2019||Us||Josh Tyler / Tex|
|Mister America||Tim Heidecker|||
|2011–2019||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Himself, Elton John, George Burns, Nick Nolte||15 episodes|
|2011–2013||On Cinema||Tim Heidecker||Writer|
|2013||How Did This Get Made?||Himself||Guest commenter for The Odd Life of Timothy Green|
|2016-2019||Chapo Trap House||Himself||3 episodes: 79, 150, 357|
|2016–present||Office Hours LIVE||Himself|
|2019||Hollywood Handbook||Himself||1 episode, "284. Tim Heidecker, Our Close Friend"|
|2019||This Is Branchburg||Producer||8 episodes|
|2012–present||On Cinema at the Cinema||Tim Heidecker||Writer|
|2012||Half in the Bag||Himself|
|2013||Tim & Eric's Go Pro Show||Himself||Writer|
|2013||Tim's Kitchen Tips||Himself|
|2014–present||Decker||Agent Jack Decker|
|2004||Aqua Teen Hunger Force||Basketball||Episode: "Hypno-Germ"|
|2004–2006||Tom Goes to the Mayor||Tom Peters||Writer|
|2006||Mega64||Mega64 Ragtime Jug Brother||Episode: "Stranger"|
|2007–2010||Tim And Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!||Various||Writer|
|2007||Acceptable TV||Mood Swing Cosby|
|Clark and Michael||Self-Defense Instructor|
|2008||Young Person's Guide to History||Debt Collector|
|2008–2010||The Sarah Silverman Program||Frances||Episodes: "I Thought My Dad Was Dead, But It Turns Out He's Not"|
"A Slip Slope"
|2010–2016||Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule||Jan Skylar||Writer|
|2010–2011||Funny or Die Presents||Various||Writer|
|2011||Jon Benjamin Has a Van||Mosham the Alien Lawyer||Episode: "Stardoor"|
|The Simpsons||Amus Bruse||Episode: "The Food Wife"|
|2011–2013||Bob's Burgers||Burt Dellalucci|
|2012||Workaholics||Reverend||Episode: "The Lord's Force"|
|2012–2016||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Phil Gorsley||2 episodes|
|Eastbound & Down||Gene||8 episodes|
|2013–||Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories||Various||Writer|
|2014||Drunk History||Max Schmeling||Season 2, Episode 1|
|2014||Community||Male Four #1||Episode "App Development and Condiments"|
|2015||Man Seeking Woman||Unnamed bartender||Episode: "Pitbull"|
|Another Period||Hal Carnegie||Episode: "Funeral"|
|W/ Bob and David||N/A||Executive Producer|
|2017||Portlandia||Ant Guy||Episode: "Ants"|
|2019||A.P. Bio||Greg Miller/Bouvier||Episode: "Personal Everest"|
|Black Monday||Not Milken #1||Episode: "243"|
|I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson||Howie||Episode: "It's the Cigars You Smoke That Are Going to Give You Cancer"|
- 2002: Theatre of Magic (rock opera by The Tim Heidecker Masterpiece)
- 2008: Awesome Record, Great Songs! Volume One (by Tim and Eric)
- 2008: Uncle Muscles Presents Casey And His Brother
- 2011: Starting From Nowhere (by Heidecker & Wood)
- 2011: Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain
- 2013: Some Things Never Stay the Same (by Heidecker & Wood)
- 2013: Urinal St. Station (by The Yellow River Boys)
- 2014: Jambalaya 12" single (by Pusswhip Banggang)
- 2016: In Glendale
- 2017: Too Dumb for Suicide
- 2018: Another Year In Hell: Collected Songs from 2018
- 2019: What the Broken-Hearted Do...
Awards and honorsEdit
- Tim Heidecker [@timheidecker] (2013-12-23). "Great to be back home in Allentown, PA!!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Longsdork, Amy (2014-10-02). "Creepy Crawly Comedy: Allentown's Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim serve up haunting humorous drama in 'Bedtime Stories'". The Morning Call. Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Brown, Janelle (2006-07-17). "10 Comics to Watch: Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim". Variety. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ""Mega64": Stranger". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- "Dinosaur Jr. - "Watch the Corners" Official Video". Vimeo.com. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Red Letter Media Half in the Bag: Step Up Revolution :". Redlettermedia.com. 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Hudson, Alex. (2010-12-13) Tim and Eric's Tim Heidecker to Release Album as Heidecker & Wood • News •. Exclaim.ca. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- "Heidecker & Wood". Heideckerandwood.com. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Heidecker & Wood". Festival Supreme. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- cain train: Herman Cain Campaign Video. YouTube. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Cainthology: Songs In The Key Of Cain, by Tim Heidecker. Boing Boing. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- "Listen: Tim Heidecker Spoofs Bob Dylan With 14-Minute Song About the Titanic". Rolling Stone. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- Urinal St. Station, by the Yellow River Boys. Drag City. Retrieved on 2014-01-03.
- The Yellow River Boys - "Hot Piss". YouTube. Retrieved on 2013-01-03.
- VICE's Top 50 Albums of 2013. Vice Magazine. Retrieved on 2014-01-03.
- Pusswhip Banggang "Jambalaya". Drag City. Retrieved on 2014-07-01.
- "Tim Heidecker Announces New Album of Trump Songs: Too Dumb for Suicide | Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace page, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Marilyn's Myspace id 3nine78, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace blog, entries "Talking to Your Parents" and "Full Story (Reposted), retrieved February 9, 2009
- "Tim and Eric Junior Teaching Bible Lesson". Youtube.com. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Sundermann, Eric (2013-11-07). "Tim Heidecker: The Coolest Dad Ever | NOISEY". Noisey.vice.com. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- "Instagram". Instagram. 2016-10-08. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Heidecker, Tim (2018-06-19). "I just joined the @DemSocialists / That stunt in DC today convinced me. I encourage all to take a look and considering joining as well". @timheidecker. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Awesome Show, Great Job! w/ Tim Heidecker". Mythinformed.org. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- [dead link]
- "Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington Set to Star in On Cinema Movie, Mister America". Pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "Tim Heidecker and Greg Turkington to Star in New Film Mister America". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "Ken Marino And Tim Heidecker Join Season 4 Of Eastbound & Down". Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Webby Award winners listed at Internet Video Mag, Tim and Eric listed in paragraph 5. Internetvideomag.com (2008-05-06). Retrieved on 2012-09-04.