Timothy Lee Drummond (20 April 1940 – 10 January 2015) was an American musician from Canton, Illinois. Drummond's primary instrument was bass guitar and he toured and recorded with many notable artists, including Conway Twitty, Bob Dylan, James Brown, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Crosby & Nash, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Ry Cooder, J. J. Cale, Mother Earth, Lonnie Mack, Miles Davis, B.B. King, Joe Cocker, Albert Collins, Joe Henry, Jewel, Essra Mohawk, and many others.
Drummond co-wrote songs with many of the artists he worked with, including: "Saved" (Bob Dylan), "Who's Talking" (J.J. Cale), "Saddle Up The Palomino" (Neil Young), and "Down In Hollywood" (Ry Cooder). He is credited as the sole writer of "I Want to Lay Down Beside You" on the 1972 album Tracy Nelson/Mother Earth. He often played as part of the session rhythm duo Tim & Jim with drummer Jim Keltner.
- Naturally - J. J. Cale (1972)
- Harvest - Neil Young (1972)
- Willis Alan Ramsey - Willis Alan Ramsey (1972)
- Rock and Roll Resurrection - Ronnie Hawkins (1972)
- Wild Tales - Graham Nash (1973)
- On the Beach - Neil Young (1974)
- Okie - J. J. Cale (1974)
- Giant Of Rock 'n' Roll - Ronnie Hawkins (1974)
- Comes a Time - Neil Young (1978)
- Slow Train Coming - Bob Dylan (1979)
- Bop till You Drop - Ry Cooder (1979)
- Earth & Sky - Graham Nash (1980)
- Hawks & Doves - Neil Young (1980)
- Borderline - Ry Cooder (1980)
- Saved - Bob Dylan (1980)
- Shot of Love - Bob Dylan (1981)
- The Slide Area - Ry Cooder (1982)
- No Frills - Bette Midler (1983)
- 8 - J. J. Cale (1983)
- Building the Perfect Beast - Don Henley (1984)
- Old Ways - Neil Young (1985)
- Innocent Eyes - Graham Nash (1986)
- Oh Yes I Can - David Crosby (1989)
- Travel-Log - J. J. Cale (1990)
- Spellbound - Paula Abdul (1991)
- Lovescape - Neil Diamond (1991)
- Number 10 - J. J. Cale (1992)
- Closer to You - J. J. Cale (1994)
- Pieces of You - Jewel (1995)
- McDonough, Jimmy (2003). Shakey: Neil Young's Biography. Vintage Books. p. 362. ISBN 978-0-099-44358-2.
- Downing, David (1994). A Dreamer of Pictures: Neil Young the Man and His Music. London: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. p. 86. ISBN 0-306-80611-8.
- "Tim Drummond, Bassist for Neil Young, CSNY, Dylan, Dies at 74". billboard.com. 12 January 2015.
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|