Thukral & Tagra
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thukral and Tagra, known informally as T&T, are Jiten Thukral (born 1976) and Sumir Tagra (born 1979). They are visual artists who have been collaboratively creating art since 2000 to produce a wide range of media including painting, sculpture, installations, interactive games, video, performance and design. Over the years they have had notable exhibitions at the sixth edition of the Asia Pacific Triennial, Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, Arken Museum in Denmark, Kunstmuseum in Bochum, Lyon Museum of Contemporary Art, and Mori Art Museum in Tokyo. In 2010 they held a solo show "Match Fixed" at the Ullens Centre of Contemporary Art in Beijing and in 2015 they were invited to mount a solo show Games People Play at the Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum in Mumbai.
Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra
Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra standing outside YBCA San Francisco
Jiten Thukral was born in Jalandhar, Punjab. He earned his BFA from Government College of Arts, Chandigarh in 1998 and his MFA in 2000 at College of Art, Delhi. Sumir Tagra completed his BFA in 2002 from College of Art, Delhi and received his post-graduate degree at National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
In 2009 Thukral & Tagra were invited to do a residency at Singapore Tyler Print Institute. In 2011 they were invited for a residency at Edition Copenhagen and also at the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory near Dresden, Germany. In 2015 they were a part of a residency at Khoj International Artists Association that culminated in an exhibition titled Level 01 in January 2016 at KHOJ.
Georgina Maddox of The Hindu said, "Art provocateurs or nerds with a gaming obsession — Thukral and Tagra continue to challenge the norms of fine art and pop culture with interactive works that question GST, water woes and more.". Avantika Bhuyan of Livemint wrote, "Thukral and Tagra’s ongoing project drives people to become part of the process of art-making."
- "The 6th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT6)". Qagoma.qld.gov.au. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Career trajectory of Thukral and Tagra". artexpoindia.blogspot.in. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Thukral and Tagra". Art Plural Gallery. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Thukral and Tagra". Saffronart. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Original Thukral and Tagra prints and lithographs for sale". Editioncopenhagen.com. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "German Missions in India - Home". India.diplo.de. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Of Games III « KHOJ". khojworkshop.org. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Game time at Khoj". Thehindu.com. 30 January 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Maddox, Georgina (8 September 2017). "Agents of whimsy". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Bhuyan, Avantika (10 February 2017). "A tile for every memory". Livemint. Retrieved 10 February 2017.