This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thottilpalam is a major town in north east of Kozhikode district, Kerala, in southwest India. It is under Nadapuram assembly constituency. State Highway 54 to Wayanadu district passes through this town. It is 29 km from Vatakara. Thottilpalam is the main town in Kavilumpara panchayath. Arjuna Award winner Tom Joseph is from the nearest village Poothampara.
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-77 (Perambra SRTO)|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)
An ancient story is there about the origin of its name. The term "Thottil" means 'Cradle' and the term "Palam" in malayalam means Bridge. So local people living in this village believe that there was a "Cradle Bridge" in between a River, and that was made by the British Government during their rule in Kerala, to move their goods easily from their Estate in Kunduthode (Nearest village) to the town. Hence being the bridge there people call that place as "Thottilpalam"(Cradle Bridge)
Thottilpalam is also famous for high yielding Kuttiady coconut trees. Coconuts and coconut oil from Thottilpalam is supplied all over kerala as seed, in government initiative. There is a dam site 6 km away from this town, where a govt irrigation project is running. This can be considered as a tourist place also.
- Thottilpalam is well connected by road network with near by places. A KSRTC Bus Depot is situated in town. There is also a private Bus Stand situated in town. The main Bus Services are to places such as Kozhikode, Vatakara, Bangalore, Mananthavady, Thalasserry& Kottayam.
- Nearest Airport - Kannur International Airpor,Mattannur.
(Thottilpalam-Kannur Airport 56Km) Calicut International Airport is 81 km away. (Karippur - Kozhikode - Perambra - Kuttiady - Thottilpalam)
- Nearest Railway Station Vatakara railway station 30 km Away.
How to reach by roadEdit
Thottilpalam is one of the major agricultural areas in Kozhikode district. The main cash crops are: Cloves(Grambu) Nutmeg, coconut, areca nut, ginger, turmeric, and pepper. So this area is called as Malayoram. As Thottilpalam is the foot hills of Malayoram,. Many others are engaged in business and other jobs. Hotels, Restaurants, Petrol pumps, ATM's, Hospitals, Banks, Police Station and other major offices are located in town. And a vanitha co-operative society is there in economy sector at thottilpalam.
- Panchayat Office
- Police station
- Krishi Office
- Village Office
- K S E B Office
- K S R T C OffICE
- Iqraa Community Hospital(Paikkalangadi, Thottilpalam)
- PHC Sub Center Vattippana
- Veterinary Hospital
- Gov. Homeopathic Clinic
- Gov. Ayurvedic Clinic
- Chathankotunada De addiction Center & Clinic
- Kavilumpara Bagavathi Temple is situated in the heart of this town .
- Vattippana Sree Vanadurga Devi Temple. (Thottilpalam- Vattippana 10 Km)
- Seven Churches situated nearby areas
- Five Mosques situated nearby areas
- AJJMHSS Chathangottunada
- PTChako Memorial HS Kunduthodu
- Kavilumpara Govt HS
- St. Thomas LP School
- Koodal Gov.LPS
- Sophia Public School.
- SOUTH ASIAN COLLEGE OF JOURNALISM, Thottilpalam
- Glorious College Thottilpalam
- Buds Special School Kavilumpara
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thottilpalam.|
|This article related to a location in Kozhikode district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|