Thornton-le-Moors is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. At the census of 2001 it had a population of 260, reducing slightly to 253 at the 2011 census.
St Mary's Church, Thornton-le-Moors
|Population||253 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
The village is seven miles north east of the city of Chester. It is situated to the south of the A5117 road. To the north of the village is the Stanlow Refinery. To the west is the nearest town of Ellesmere Port and to the north east is the nearest village, Elton
- "Thornton-le-Moors CP (Parish)". Census 2001. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Thornton le Moors". GENUKI UK & Ireland Genealogy. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Images of England: Church of St Mary, Thornton-le-Moors, English Heritage, retrieved 16 October 2007
- "Protecting", Annual Review 2009–2010, Churches Conservation Trust, p. 5, 2010
Media related to Thornton-le-Moors at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|