Thorir Hergeirsson in 2015
|Born||27 April 1964|
|Known for||Head coach of the Norway women's national handball team|
|Awards||Knight 1st Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit|
He was introduced as the new head coach at a press conference on 16 April 2009.
Thorir has been part of the Norway national coaching team since 2001, and took over as head coach in April 2009, succeeding former head coach Marit Breivik. He had previously been handball coach for the clubs Elverum Håndball, Gjerpen Håndball and Nærbø IL.
- "Thorir Hergeirsson – Profile" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- "Ny sjef, gammel oppskrift". Stavanger Aftenblad (in Norwegian). NTB. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 20 April 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- Andresen, Svein (16 April 2009). "Thorir Hergeirsson ny sjef for Håndballjentene" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- Larsen, Jan-Erik (16 April 2009). "Hergeirsson overtar etter Breivik". Stavanger Aftenblad (in Norwegian). Archived from the original on 21 April 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- Otterdal, Øystein; Kalstad, Lise Marit (22 March 2017). "Nå kan Thorir Hergeirsson kalle seg «ridder»" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Opsal, Signe; Fossum, Øystein (6 March 2015). "Islandske Maria Thorisdottir (22) debuterte mot Island" (in Norwegian Bokmål). NRK. Norwegian News Agency. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
|This biographical article related to Icelandic team handball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|