Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum (English: The mainour and the eye-witness) is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language black comedy crime film directed by Dileesh Pothan and written by Sajeev Pazhoor. The dialogues were written by Sajeev Pazhoor and Syam Pushkaran. It stars Fahadh Faasil, Suraj Venjaramoodu, Nimisha Sajayan, and Alencier Ley Lopez in the lead roles. The leading lady, Nimisha Sajayan, was selected from general auditions. Also the film has real-life police officers in the roles of the police officers. The film is produced by Sandip Senan and Anish M. Thomas under the banner of Urvasi Theatres. Cinematographer and filmmaker Rajeev Ravi is cranking the camera. The music and songs are composed by Bijibal. The film released in India on 30 June 2017 to positive reviews.
|Directed by||Dileesh Pothan|
|Produced by||Sandip Senan
Anish M. Thomas
|Screenplay by||Sajeev Pazhoor|
|Story by||Sajeev Pazhoor|
Alencier Ley Lopez
|Edited by||Kiran Das|
|Distributed by||Urvasi Theatres Release|
|Budget||₹5.5 crore (US$860,000)|
The story follows the recently married lower middle-class couple, Sreeja (Nimisha) and Prasad (Suraj Venjaramoodu), from Cherthala who move up north to Kasargod. On a bus journey to Kasargod, Sreeja's gold chain gets stolen by a thief (Fahadh Faasil) who swallows it. He gets caught by Sreeja, and the bus staff and passengers take them to the police. The rest of the plot takes place at the police station where the thief gets interrogated.
- Fahadh Faasil as the Thief/Prasad
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Prasad
- Nimisha Sajayan as Sreeja
- Alencier Ley Lopez as A.S.I. Chandran
- Sibi Thomas as Sub Inspector Sajan
- Vettukili Prakash as Sreeja's father
- Mini K.S. as Sreeja's mother
- K.T.Sudhakaran as Sudhakaran
- Dr.K.T.Balachandran as Babusir
- Unniraj Chervathur as Rajesh Ambalathara
- Shince Mathew
- Surabhi Mundath
- P Sivadas as Police Writer
- Aravindan as Faizal
|Soundtrack album by Bijibal|
|Released||28th June 2017|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
Anish M. Thomas
All tracks written by Rafeeq Ahammed.
|1.||"Kannile Poika"||Ganesh Sundaram, Soumya Ramakrishnan||3:16|
|2.||"Aayilyam"||Sithara, Govind Menon||3:07|
The film opened to overwhelmingly positive reviews all over. Many critiques praised the performance of Fahadh Faasil, realistic camera work of Rajeev Ravi and the direction of Dileesh Pothan. In a hilarious write-up film critic Veeyen termed the movie a 'Must-Watch', and writes, "The incidental pleasures that Dileesh Pothan’s film ‘Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum’ offers are many, like the sardonic wisecracks and the continual cackles, while it fundamentally holds an indelible charm inside. A luminously acted rumination on the ifs and buts of life, ‘Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum’ has enough emotional and dramatic drive to let it qualify as a class act with exceptional intelligence and grace."
Bharadwaj rangan, in the review of the film, stated that "Fahadh Faasil gives an exquisitely calibrated performance, equal parts holy fool and wily trickster. He keeps his cards so close to the chest that the performance comes off like the wind. You feel it, but you don’t see it."
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". filmibeat.com. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Grand reception to Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum, audience go gaga over it". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum review: magically realistic". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum starts rolling". onlookersmedia. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Bjibal to compose for Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". indiatimes. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum Malayalam Movie Review". Veeyen Unplugged. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.