Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum (English: Booty and the Witness) is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language black comedy film directed by Dileesh Pothan and written by Sajeev Pazhoor. It stars Fahadh Faasil, Suraj Venjaramoodu, Nimisha Sajayan, Alencier Ley Lopez and Sibi Thomas. The cinematography was by Rajeev Ravi, while the songs and background score were composed by Bijibal. The film was released in India on 30 June 2017 to positive reviews.
|Directed by||Dileesh Pothan|
|Produced by||Sandip Senan
Anish M. Thomas
|Screenplay by||Sajeev Pazhoor|
|Story by||Sajeev Pazhoor|
Alencier Ley Lopez
|Edited by||Kiran Das|
|Distributed by||Urvasi Theatres Release|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2017)
The story follows the newly married inter-caste couple, Sreeja (Nimisha) and Prasad (Suraj Venjaramoodu), from Cherthala who move up north to Kasargod. On a bus journey, Sreeja's gold chain is stolen by a thief also called Prasad(Fahad Faasil). He swallows the chain but not before Sreeja notices it. He gets caught by the passengers who take him to the nearby police station. On police inquiry, the thief denies the act. Eventually, after a medical examination, the chain is found stuck inside his stomach. How to extract the chain, then becomes the question. Meanwhile the thief tries to run away but gets caught. The couple is made to appear in the police station, almost everyday. The next medical examination shows that the chain is no more inside his stomach, when asked he says he had given the chain to the constable and this leads to further complications. To wrap up the case the constable decides to buy a new chain and mark it as the stolen chain. Meanwhile the thief negotiates with the couple and reveals the real location of the chain he had stolen from them.
- Fahadh Faasil as Prasad, the thief
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Prasad, Sreeja's husband
- Nimisha Sajayan as Sreeja
- Alencier Ley Lopez as A.S.I. Chandran
- Vettukili Prakash as Sreekandan (Sreeja's father)
- Mini K. S. as Sreeja's mother
- Sibi Thomas as Sub Inspector Sajan Mathew
- K. T. Sudhakaran as Sudhakaran
- K. T. Balachandran as Babu sir
- Unniraj Chervathur as Rajesh Ambalathara
- Shince Mathew
- Surabhi Mundath Payaneer
- P. Sivadas as Police writer
- Aravindan as Faizal
- Sarath kovilakam as Sarath
Principal photography commenced from 7 December 2016 in Kasaragod. Other locations include Vaikom and Cherthala. Nimisha Sajayan, was selected from general auditions. Also the film has real-life police officers in the roles of the police officers.
|Soundtrack album by Bijibal|
|Released||28th June 2017|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
Anish M. Thomas
All tracks written by Rafeeq Ahammed.
|1.||"Kannile Poika"||Ganesh Sundaram, Soumya Ramakrishnan||3:16|
|2.||"Aayilyam"||Sithara, Govind Menon||3:07|
Critic Veeyen termed the movie has sardonic wisecracks and the continual cackles, which fundamentally holds the charm of an otherwise unexciting film. He closes of by signifying the exceptional intelligence and grace the film has in terms of flow.
Bharadwaj, in the review of the film, stated that "Fahadh Faasil's equal parts lazy and wily trickster acting and Alencier Ley Lopez's character acting as luminously exceptional." He praises on the beauty of police office politics that Dileesh & Sajeev was able to portray as the drive that calibrates the film.
Manorama praises real-life police officer Sibi Thomas for his comedic and yet balanced performance.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". filmibeat.com. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Grand reception to Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum, audience go gaga over it". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum review: magically realistic". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum starts rolling". onlookersmedia. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Bjibal to compose for Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". indiatimes. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum Malayalam Movie Review". Veeyen Unplugged. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.