|Born||17 March 1960|
|Alma mater||Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich|
|Known for||Founder and owner of VistaJet|
|Spouse(s)||Katharina Konečný (divorced)|
|Children||2 (including Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark|
Flohr was born in Switzerland on 17 March 1960, the son of a teacher. After school he applied unsuccessfully for flight training at Lufthansa's offices in Hamburg. He studied business and political science at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
From 1985 until the early 2000s, Flohr started his career in finance working for the Chicago-based leading technology firm Comdisco. In 1995 he became president of their European division. In 1999, he was appointed by Comdisco as president of the worldwide asset finance division. He would later buy out most of Comdisco's European operations through his Swiss-based group Comprendium Investment, which he still controls.
In 2016 Flohr, who spends over 800 hours in the air each year, was named Entrepreneur of the Year by The Living Legends of Aviation awards.
He lives in St. Moritz, Switzerland. As a hobby he competes in motorsport, including the East African Safari Rally, Le Mans 24 Hour and the FIA World Endurance Championship; he is also a sponsor to the Scuderia Ferrari team. He collects art, including Jeff Koons, Keith Haring and Sterling Ruby.
Flohr was married to Katharina Flohr (née Konečný), formerly creative director of Fabergé and editor of Russian Vogue. They have two daughters, Sophia and Nina, who is a former brand director of VistaJet. On 1 September 2020, the former Royal Household of Greece announced the formal engagement of Miss Flohr with Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, fifth child and third son of King Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece. The couple married in a civil ceremony in Saint-Moritz, Switzerland on 12 December 2020, with Thomas one of only two guests in attendance.
Complete 24 Hours of Le Mans resultsEdit
|2017||Spirit of Race|| Francesco Castellacci
|Ferrari 488 GTE||GTE
|2018||Spirit of Race|| Francesco Castellacci
|Ferrari 488 GTE||GTE
|2019||Spirit of Race|| Francesco Castellacci
|Ferrari 488 GTE||GTE
|2020||AF Corse|| Francesco Castellacci
|Ferrari 488 GTE Evo||GTE
- "Executive Committee | VistaJet". VistaJet. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Peterson-Withorn, Chase. "Meet The World's 259 Newest Billionaires". forbes.com. Retrieved 6 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Billionaire Drop-Offs: Tough Year For Superrich As Hundreds Drop Out Of Ranks". forbes.com. Retrieved 15 November 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Thomas FLOHR Prize list & statistics". lemans.org. Retrieved 15 November 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "VistaJet's Thomas Flohr: A collector with a view from the clouds". Retrieved 31 May 2018 – via The Globe and Mail. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Meichtry, Stacy (2012-01-27). "The Jet Set". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "VistaJet's Thomas Flohr". Business Jet Traveler. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "Thomas Flohr, Founder and Chairman at VistaJet". theorg.com. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Thomas Flohr, Senior Vice President, comdisco". vbprofiles.com. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "VistaJet's Thomas Flohr: A collector with a view from the clouds". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- Smale, Will (2013-09-16). "Thomas Flohr: The high-flying multi-millionaire". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "From passenger to start-up pilot". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "The Living Legends of Aviation". VerticalMag.com. MHM Publishing.
- Bhargava, Anjuli (2016-04-29). "Tea with BS: Thomas Flohr". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Private Jet Firm VistaJet Announces Ferrari Partnership". Airways Magazine. 2019-03-29. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- Watkins, Gary (2018-02-07). "Fisichella returns to WEC with Ferrari GTE Am drive". motorsport.com. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Garnett, Daisy. "Nina Flohr Is Flying High". Retrieved 31 May 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- David, Mark (10 January 2014). "A Wee Mea Culpa (and Correction)". Retrieved 31 May 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Introducing Nina Flohr, New-Age Aviation Royalty - Harper's Bazaar Malaysia". harpersbazaar.my. Retrieved 2016-12-10.