This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thomas Dam (May 15, 1915 – November 12, 1989) was a Danish woodworker and fisherman associated with Gjøl in Denmark. Dam designed and invented the original troll doll also known as the "Good Luck Troll". He created the toy during a period of financial distress, and carved it from wood. Soon, the family had started up a new business and Dam earned enough to buy himself a small factory where the dolls were produced in plastic. Dam created many different trolls as well as plastic baby dolls. Dam formed "Dam Things" to market the dolls. Dam trolls are now considered collectors' items. Even the V&A have one in their collection. 
|Born||May 15, 1915|
|Died||November 12, 1989(aged 74)|
In 2016 DreamWorks Animation released an animated version based on the dolls: Trolls, with music by Christophe Beck and featuring (amongst many others) the voices of Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake (who also acted as executive music producer).
- Walsh, Tim (2005-10-01). Timeless Toys: Classic Toys and the Playmakers Who Created Them. Andrews McMeel Publishing. pp. 187–. ISBN 9780740755712. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- UEBELHERR, JAN (October 17, 2005). "Trolling around town". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "American company can continue making troll dolls". Associated Press. May 17, 2002. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Sheff, David (January 4, 2005). "New Babes in Toyland: Trollz". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Iggynormous on the V&A website