Thithikkum Ilamai is a 2008 Indian Tamil thriller film directed by Chandramohan. The film features newcomers K. Dinesh Kumar, J. Pranav, Althara and Nisha in lead roles, with Mansoor Ali Khan, Senthil, Nizhalgal Ravi, Nellai Siva, Thalaivasal Vijay, Ajay Rathnam, Santhana Bharathi and Kolangal Shyam playing supporting roles. The film, produced by S. Subramanian, had musical score by K. Manish and was released on 30 May 2008.
|Produced by||S. Subramanian|
|Music by||K. Manish|
Naresh Naga Pictures
Bharani (K. Dinesh Kumar) and his two friends are college students and they live together in a small thatched house in Chennai. Their parents believe that they are good students but in reality, they spend their time enjoying as much as possible with the money they get from their parents. Bharani even becomes a male prostitute to make easy money. Bharani and his collegemate Anitha (Althara) fall in love with each other and they have sexual intercourse. In the meantime, the dumb David (J. Pranav) comes to live with them.
David was acting as a speech-impaired person and breaks into the three friend's life to take revenge. David slickly kills Bharani's two friends with the help of Joseph (Kolangal Shyam) and burns their body to get rid of the evidence. David now plans to kill his last target: Bharani. Bharani who is in a college trip in Kodaikanal is shocked to see David there and he kills Bharani and burns his dead body in the forest. The police inspector Dharma (Mansoor Ali Khan) finds out that David is the killer and arrests him. In court, David reveals that he had killed four people for justice and requests an open courtroom, and the judge accepts after much thinking.
In the past, David worked in the real estate business and lived with his beloved sister Anitha (Nisha). Anitha and his friend Joseph were about to get married. One day, Anitha's mobile phone was stolen in a restaurant by the waiter and the waiter sold it to Bharani. Bharani found her photos on her phone, he morphed obscene pictures of her and sent it to her contact list. Anitha was then harassed by men who saw her pictures. An unsettled and ashamed Anitha committed suicide by self-immolation and a vengeful David decided to take revenge on the person who edited his sister's pictures. David found out that the restaurant waiter stole his sister's phone. David met him and threatened to tell him everything. David then murdered him and burned his body.
In court, the media and the public congratulate David from his braveness but the judge sentences him to the death penalty for taking justice into his own hands. However, David decides to kill himself by electrocution.
- K. Dinesh Kumar as Bharani
- J. Pranav as David
- Althara as Anitha
- Nisha as Angel
- Mansoor Ali Khan as Inspector Dharma
- Nizhalgal Ravi as Thiruvengadam, Anitha's father
- Nellai Siva as Paranthaman
- Thalaivasal Vijay as Arumugam
- Ajay Rathnam as Commissioner
- Santhana Bharathi as Bharani's father
- Kolangal Shyam as Joseph
- Vijay Krishnaraj as Public prosecutor
- LIC Narasimhan as Judge
- Sethu Vinayagam as Thiruvengadam's friend
- Kovai Senthil as Munusamy
- Bayilvan Ranganathan as Palanisamy
- Lambert Daniel as Gaja
- Azhagu as Duraisamy
- Suriyan as Dhandapani
- Sabitha Anand as Kalyani, Anitha's mother
- Fathima Babu as Defense lawyer
- C. R. Saraswathi as Valli
- Bharathi as Doctor
- Kalpanasri as Mallika
- Anjali Devi as Meenakshi
Chandramohan made his directorial debut with Thithikkum Ilamai under the banner of Naresh Naga Pictures. Newcomers K. Dinesh Kumar and J. Pranav were chosen to play the lead role while Kerala-based Althara was selected to play the heroine.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Vaanam Enna Bhoomi Enna"||S. R. Pavalan||Tippu||5:06|
|2.||"Sorgam Kannaruge"||S. R. Pavalan||Anuradha Sriram, K. Manish||5:09|
|3.||"Vanakkanne Anne"||S. R. Pavalan||Krishnaraj||4:30|
|4.||"Nenjai Thodum Isaiye"||S. R. Pavalan||K. S. Chithra||5:44|
|5.||"Naisa Paathu Naisa Pesi"||S. R. Pavalan||Harish Raghavendra||4:08|
|6.||"Oh Kodiyurave Enge En Sontham"||Veera Adithyan||Vijay Yesudas||5:27|
Behindwoods.com rated the film 1 out of 5 stars and stated, "Brittle storyline, insipid performances, and women in barely-there obnoxious outfits gyrating viciously in the name of item numbers drive the viewers up the wall".
- "Find Tamil Movie Thithikkum Ilamai". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 31 January 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai (2008) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai Tamil Movie". nowrunning.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Malayalam Tv Actress Althara Biography". nettv4u.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai (2008) - Bharani". mio.to. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai Songs". jiosaavn.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Thithikkum Ilamai - Movie review - Behindwoods". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.