Third Sector (magazine)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Third Sector is a British publication that covers the management of the voluntary and not-for-profit sector. It is run by the Haymarket Group, currently publishing a bi-monthly magazine, alongside a website and also organising events.
History and profileEdit
It launched in 2002, going head-to-head with another new title, Charity Week.
The magazine was given a new look in 2009, following an exercise to take account of reader feedback. In 2011, the magazine had a circulation of almost 11,500 per issue. By 2014 the print circulation had dropped to just over 6,200 per issue.
In 2015 the magazine launched an event called "Fundraising Week". The following year this was a 3-day event held in London and incorporated an award ceremony.
Third Sector AwardsEdit
Third Sector Awards is an annual awards scheme to recognize innovation and outstanding achievement in communications and marketing, fundraising, finance, management, governance and working with other sectors. At first it was voted for by members; As of 2015[update] there is a panel of judges of submitted entries and it is managed by Haymarket Events and sponsored by Markel Corporation. As of 2018[update] there is an Australian edition. In 2020 the Third Sector Digital Awards were launched, which included a nomination for Clap for Our Carers in the category of 'Best Online Awareness Campaign'.
- "Magazine sector is braced for battle of charity titles". Press Gazette. 27 February 2002. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Evelegh, James (12 June 2009). "Reader feedback informs Third Sector redesign". InPublishing. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Business Magazines: Circulation Certificate July 2010 to June 2011" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations (UK). June 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Business Magazines: Circulation Certificate July 2013 to June 2014" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations (UK). June 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Fundraising Week: 19th - 21st April" (Press release). Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations. 30 March 2016. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "About Third Sector". Third Sector. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- Donovan, Tristan (5 March 2010). "Last chance to vote in Britain's Most Admired Charities". Third Sector. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "Third Sector Awards". Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "FAQs - Third Sector Awards Categories". Third Sector Awards. Haymarket Events. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "About the Third Sector Awards". Third Sector Awards Australia. 2018. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
|This British magazine or academic journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.