Third Colijn cabinet
The Third Colijn cabinet was the cabinet of the Netherlands from 31 July 1935 until 24 June 1937. The cabinet was formed by the political parties Roman Catholic State Party (RKSP), Anti-Revolutionary Party (ARP), Christian Historical Union (CHU), Liberal State Party (LSP) and the Free-thinking Democratic League (VDB) after the resignation of the Second Colijn cabinet on 23 July 1935. The centre-right cabinet was a majority government in the House of Representatives and was a continuation of the previous Cabinet Colijn II. It was the third of five cabinets of Hendrikus Colijn, the Leader of the Anti-Revolutionary Party as Prime Minister.
|Third Colijn cabinet|
34th cabinet of the Netherlands
Meeting of the Third Colijn cabinet in 1936
|Date formed||31 July 1935|
|Date dissolved||24 June 1937 |
(Demissionary from 25 May 1937 )
|People and organisations|
|Head of state||Queen Wilhelmina|
|Head of government||Hendrikus Colijn|
|Deputy head of government||Josef van Schaik (Unofficially)|
|No. of ministers||10|
|Member party||Roman Catholic |
Christian Historical Union
Liberal State Party
|Status in legislature||Centre-right Majority government|
|Opposition party||Social Democratic |
|Opposition leader||Willem Albarda|
|Predecessor||Second Colijn cabinet|
|Successor||Fourth Colijn cabinet|
- Retained Retained this position from the previous cabinet.
- Appt Appointment: Laurentius Nicolaas Deckers appointed Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Herman Langeveld (1998). Hendrikus Colijn 1869-1944 Deel II 1933-1944: Schipper naast God. Balans. p. 6. ISBN 9789460034480.
- "Hendrikus Colijn (1869-1944) – Premier tijdens de crisisjaren 1930" (in Dutch). Historiek. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Colijn, Hendrikus (1869-1944)" (in Dutch). Resources Huygens. 10 July 2006. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Hendrikus Colijn" (in Dutch). Historisch Nieuwsblad. 10 November 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Formeren kun je leren" (in Dutch). Historische Studievereniging Leiden. 22 March 2017. Retrieved 7 July 2018.