Thi. Ka. Sivasankaran
Thi. Ka. Sivasankaran or T. G. Sivasankaran (Tamil: தி. க. சிவசங்கரன், 30 March 1925 – 25 March 2014), was a Tamil writer and critic from Tamil Nadu, India. He is popularly known by his Tamil initials as Thi. Ka. Si.
Thi. Ka. Sivasankaran
Tirunelveli Ganapathy Sivasankaran
30 March 1925
|Died||25 March 2014 (aged 88)|
Sivasankaran was born in Tirunelveli. His works were first published in the literary journal Grama oozhiyan in 1947. He was a Marxist by political orientation and a member of the Communist Party of India (CPI). He was influential in the party's literary journal Thamarai. He was a friend and contemporary of socialist writers like Vallikannan and T. M. Chidambara Ragunathan. During his years in Thamarai, he was instrumental in discovering and encouraging new writers like Prapanchan, D. Selvaraj, Poomani, Vannadhasan, Tamil Nadan and Jayanthan. In 2000, he was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award for Tamil for his literary criticism Vimarsanangal Mathippuraikal Pettikal (lit. Criticisms, Reviews and Interviews). In 2008, a documentary film on him was released by the Chennai Tamil Koodam. In 2010, the formation of a charitable trust in his name at the Thanjavur Tamil University was announced. He is the father of Tamil writer Vannadhasan.
Awards and recognitionsEdit
- Sahitya Akademi Award (2000)
- Government of Tamil Nadu literary award (2002)
- Bharathi Ilakkiya award
- Lilly Deivasigamani Literary Trust award
- Tamil Sanror peravai award
- Thi. Ka. Si. Katturaigal
- Vimarsanangal Mathippuraikal Pettikal
- Vimarana Tamil
- "His pen cut a huge swathe". thehindu.com. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- G. John Samuel (1978). Studies in Tamil poetry. Mani Pathippakam. p. 133.
- Rajaram, Gopal. "சாகித்ய அகதமி பரிசு பெறும் தி க சிவசங்கரன்". Thinnai. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- Tamil Sahitya Akademi Awards 1955-2007 Archived 2010-01-24 at the Wayback Machine Sahitya Akademi Official website.
- "பள்ளிகளில் தமிழ் பயிற்று மொழி எழுத்தாளர் தி.க.சி., வேண்டுகாள்". Dinamalar. 22 March 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "தி.க.சி. 21--_இ, சுடலைமாடன் தெரு, திருநெல்வேலி டவுன்". Vadakku Vasal. Retrieved 30 July 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "அனைத்துவழி கல்வி முறையிலும் தமிழை பயிற்றுமொழியாக்க வேண்டும்: தி.க.சி". Dinamani (in Tamil). 22 March 2010. Archived from the original on 2 October 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "Thi. Ka. Sivasankaran profile". Tamil Authors. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- Datta, Amaresh (1992). Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: Sasay-Zorgot. Sahitya Akademi. p. 4490.