|Latin||tunica interna thecae folliculi|
After rupture of the mature ovarian follicle, the theca interna cells differentiate into the theca lutein cells of the corpus luteum. Theca lutein cells secrete androgens and progesterone. Theca lutein cells are also known as small luteal cells.
- The IUPS Physiome Project --> Female Reproductive System - Cells Archived December 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved on Nov 9, 2009
- Histology image: 14805loa – Histology Learning System at Boston University
- Anatomy photo: Reproductive/mammal/ovary2/ovary5 - Comparative Organology at University of California, Davis - "Mammal, canine ovary (LM, High)"
- Anatomy photo: Reproductive/mammal/ovary5/ovary6 - Comparative Organology at University of California, Davis - "Mammal, bovine ovary (LM, Medium)"
- UIUC Histology Subject 372 - interna
- Anatomy Atlases - Microscopic Anatomy, plate 13.249
- Slide at trinity.edu
|This article related to the genitourinary system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|