The Wall Street Shuffle
"The Wall Street Shuffle" is a single by the British pop/rock band 10cc released in 1974. The song originally appears on the band's 1974 album Sheet Music. It was the most successful single to be released from the album, reaching No. 10 on the UK chart.
|"The Wall Street Shuffle"|
|Single by 10cc|
|from the album Sheet Music|
|B-side||"Gismo My Way"|
|Released||June 15, 1974|
|10cc singles chronology|
The song features a classic rock riff and lyrics that deal with Wall Street and the economy. It features several topical cultural references and specifically mentions Getty, Rothschild and Howard Hughes.
The song remains popular with fans and is often performed live in concert. A live performance was included on the 2007 promotional live compilation The Best of 10cc Live.
|1.||"The Wall Street Shuffle"||Eric Stewart, Graham Gouldman||3:34|
|1.||"Gismo My Way"||Stewart, Gouldman, Kevin Godley, Lol Creme||3:40|
For "The Wall Street Shuffle":
- Eric Stewart — lead guitar, vocals, electric piano, grand piano, Mellotron, organ
- Lol Creme — rhythm guitar
- Graham Gouldman — bass, acoustic guitar, rhythm guitar, percussion
- Kevin Godley — drums, percussion
|UK Singles Chart||10|
|Dutch Top 40||1|
|German Singles Chart||43|
|Irish Singles Chart||9|
- "everyhit.com search results". Archived from the original on 2 January 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "Chart Stats - 10cc - Wall Street Shuffle". Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "Nederlandse Top 40, week 41, 1974 (Dutch)". Retrieved 26 April 2009.
- "charts-surfer.de search results". Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "irishcharts.ie search results". Retrieved 11 January 2009.