The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
The Tom and Jerry Show is an American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation. Based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. The series first premiered on the Canadian channel Teletoon on March 1, 2014 and began airing on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014.
|The Tom and Jerry Show|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry|
by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
|Directed by||Darrell Van Citters|
|Narrated by||Gary Cole|
|Theme music composer||Scott Bradley (arranged by Andy Sturmer)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||110 (list of episodes)|
Darrell Van Citters
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network (2014–16)|
Boomerang SVOD (2017–present)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|First shown in||Canada|
|Original release||April 9, 2014 –|
|Preceded by||Tom and Jerry Tales (2006–2008)|
- Tom and Jerry's typical antics in a modern-day urban setting.
- Tom and Jerry being pets to two witches named Beatie and Hildie (this scenario is retired during the third season).
- Tom and Jerry working together as detectives in Tolucaville (Los Angeles in the second season) by operating a detective agency called "The Cat and Mouse Detectives", complete with a narrator.
- Jerry living in a lab with a rat companion named Napoleon with Tom being an alley cat (this scenario is retired during the second season and third season).
- Tom working as a butler in a Downton Abbey property (this scenario was debuted starting from the third season).
- Tom and Jerry living in a scary Transylvanian environment in a parody of Van Helsing (this scenario was debuted starting from the third season).
- Tom – A blue cat who is always chasing Jerry.
- Jerry – A brown mouse who is always running away from Tom.
- Spike – A muscular bulldog whom Tom is frequently at odds with.
- Tyke – A small puppy and Spike's son.
- Rick and Ginger – The owners of Tom and Spike. Rick favors Spike while Ginger favors Tom.
- Butch – A black alley cat living on the street who is the frenemy of Tom.
- Little Quacker – A yellow duckling, who is the best friend of Jerry.
- Tuffy – A gray mouse who wears a diaper and is the nephew of Jerry.
- Hildie and Beatie – Two witches living with Tom and Jerry in a haunted house.
- Grayson - Beatie and Hildie's ghost nephew comes over at the haunted house.
- Newt – An orange Triton which uses an eye patch. He also lives in the house of witches.
- Napoleon – A gray rat who is a friend of Jerry. He lives in the scientific laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Hamster – A clever hamster who also lives in the laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Dr. Bigby - A scientist working in a scientific laboratory.
- Narrator – A speaker that tells all stories of detective Tom and Jerry.
- Toodles – A light female kitty with a blue bow on her head who is Tom's girlfriend.
- William Hanna and Mel Blanc (archive audio; uncredited) – Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse
- Harry E. Lang (archive audio; uncredited) – Tom Cat
- Frank Welker (uncredited) – Tyke, Baby Dragon, Bear Cub
- Rick Zieff – Spike, Barkley the Dog, Skid, Dutch, Santa, Trucket Man, Squirel, Man 3, Hotel Manager
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin – Ginger, Winston's Owner, Drone
- Stephen Stanton – Rick (season 2), Uncle Pecos, Jack Benny Mouse, Commercial voice, Frankie, Fifi's ex-boyfriend, Peterson's Cat, Country Wolf, City Wolf, Whispering Voice, Delivery Driver, Neighbor, Reporter, Mynah
- Jason Alexander – Rick (season 1)
- Kath Soucie – Tuffy, Mimi, Aunt Claire, Cozette, Gigi, Baby Mockingbirds
- Alicyn Packard – Toodles, Madame Beta, Matalyn, Doofy Mouse, Coco
- Rene Mujica – Newt, Bear, Tom's 7th Life
- Cree Summer – Beatie
- Rachael MacFarlane – Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria – Butch, Jeff, Meathelda, TV Narrator, Dawn O' Day
- Sam Kwasman – Quacker
- Gary Cole – "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell – "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Simon Helberg – Napoleon, My Bot-y Guard
- Tom Kenny – Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy, Guard Dog
- Nika Futterman – Polly, Baby
- Cristina Pucelli - Mathilda
- Charlie Adler – Polly's Owner
- Dave B. Mitchell – Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook, Rat, Meathead
- Phil Lollar – Monkey, Frank, Crooked Eddie, Man 1, Man 2, German Shepherd
- Katie Leigh – Woman 1, Woman 2, Stardust, Gypsy Lady
- Kari Wahlgren – Toots, Fifi
- Catherine Cavadini – Toodles' Mom
- Trevor Devall – Toodles' Dad, Clerk, Stinker, Shop Owner, Delivery Guy
- Julie Wittner – Bunny, Roxie, Misty
- Rob Paulsen – Scarf
- Robin Atkin Downes – Large Marvin
- Charlie Schlatter – Grayson
- John Michael Higgins – Uncle Harry
- Robbie Daymond – SiFu, Batboy, Ramone, Dog #3, Announcer ("Cat Dance Fever" only)
- Yvette Nicole Brown – Momma Mockingbird
- Phil LaMarr – Tom's Shadow
- Gilbert Gottfried – Geanie
- Tara Strong – Tooth Fairy
- Matt Taylor – Winston
- Patton Oswalt – Carver
- Jason Hightower – Red
- Sean Donnellan – Lawyer
- Marieve Herington – Ellen
- Robert Cait – Carlton
- Lesley Nicol – Maid
- Corey Burton – Mad Dog
- Diane Michelle – Nanny
- Donovan Patton – Hector Hare
- Jake Green – Jake the Tortoise
- Jeremy Crutchley – Cates
|First aired||Last aired||Network|
|1||52||26||April 9, 2014||August 4, 2014||Cartoon Network|
|2||78||26||4||4a||February 6, 2016||March 12, 2016|
|4b, 4c||September 21, 2017||Boomerang SVOD|
|22||September 21, 2017||November 29, 2018|
|3||78||26||February 1, 2019||2019|
The Tom and Jerry Show was initially announced to consist of 26 episodes divided into 52 11-minute segments to air on Cartoon Network, with the intention to remain faithful to the original theatrical short series. The show was originally intended to premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 before being pushed back to April 9, 2014.
From the second season onward, the art style of the show was retooled to more closely resemble the style of the original MGM shorts.
The series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Renegade Animation is also known for producing Cartoon Network's groundbreaking 2004 TV show Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, whom executive producer Sam Register originally created, and Darrell Van Citters is also the director of both series. It is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. It is also the second made-for-television iteration of the cartoons to emulate the theatrical shorts and the fifth made-for-television Tom and Jerry production. It is also the longest running Tom and Jerry series, overtaking Tom & Jerry Kids.
Home media releaseEdit
Region 1 DVDsEdit
|Season||DVD title||Episode count||Total running time||Release date|
|1||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part One – Frisky Business)||13||286 minutes||September 23, 2014|
|2||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part Two – Funny Side-Up)||13||286 minutes||January 13, 2015|
|3||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season Two, Part One)||13||286 minutes||2019|
|4||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season Two, Part Two)||13||286 minutes||2019|
Region 2 DVDsEdit
|Season||DVD title||Episode count||Total running time||Release date|
|1||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part One – Frisky Business)||13||272 minutes||October 13, 2014|
The Tom and Jerry Show premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. The series premiered on April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it began airing on April 12, 2014 on Boomerang, and also on CITV in 2016. It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network in India. In Australia, Cartoon Network premiered it on May 5, 2014. The series began airing on Boomerang in the United States on January 5, 2015. In Indonesia, it is currently broadcast on GTV since February 13, 2017 and on RCTI since August 13, 2017. In China, it is broadcast on China Central Television. In Japan from September 23, 2014 NHK BS Premium broadcast it with the title New Tom and Jerry Show.
- Spangler, Todd (7 March 2017). "Turner, Warner Bros. to Launch Boomerang Cartoon Streaming-Subscription Service for $5 Monthly".
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-09-03. Retrieved 2018-08-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Coming to Cartoon Network". Big Cartoon News. October 8, 2012. Archived from the original on December 6, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Upfront Presentation 2013". About.com. Archived from the original on January 3, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "New Tom and Jerry Show – The Tom and Jerry Show Videos – Cartoon Network". Cartoonnetwork.com. Archived from the original on 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Season One Part Two: Funny Side Up DVD". Blu-ray.com.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Season One Part One: Frisky Business DVD". Amazon.co.uk.
- "March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corus Entertainment. February 19, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (March 26, 2014). "'Tom and Jerry Show' Premieres April 9 on Cartoon Network". Animation World Network. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Turner UK Unveils 2014 Programming Slate: 4 New Shows For Cartoon Network, New 'Tom & Jerry' Series & More". TV Wise. March 10, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- BusinessofCinema News Network (April 19, 2014). "The Tom And Jerry Show Makes A Come Back On Cartoon Network". Business of Cinema. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- DHiggins (May 5, 2014). "New this week: Continuum, Secret Meat Business, House of Cards finale & Powerpuff Girls 15th anniversary". Foxtel. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Boomerang TV Schedule". LocateTV. December 24, 2014. Archived from the original on May 3, 2012.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show – Eps.55: Ghosts of a Chance (Chinese)". CCTV. 2014.