The Tigers of Mompracem
The Tigers of Mompracem (original title: Le Tigri di Mompracem) is an exotic adventure novel written by Italian author Emilio Salgari, published in 1900. It features his most famous character, Sandokan.
|Original title||Le Tigri di Mompracem|
|Language||English, Original: Italian|
|Series||The Sandokan Series|
Young adult literature
|Publisher||ROH Press (first English translation) |
Donath (first Italian publisher)
|Media type||Paperback, Ebook|
|Followed by||The Mystery of the Black Jungle|
Would you be the greatest pirate in the South China Sea or would you hang up your sword to be with the woman you love? Malaysia, 1849. The Tigers of Mompracem are a band of rebel pirates fighting against the colonial power of the Dutch and British empires. They are led by Sandokan, the indomitable Tiger of Malaysia, and his loyal friend Yanez De Gomera, a Portuguese wanderer and adventurer. After twelve years of spilling blood and spreading terror throughout Malaysia, Sandokan has reached the height of his power, but when the pirate learns of the extraordinary "Pearl of Labuan", his fortunes begin to change.
- Sandokan - The Tiger of Malaysia, leader of the Tigers of Mompracem
- Lady Marianna Guillonk - The Pearl of Labuan
- Yanez De Gomera - A Portuguese adventurer, second in command to Sandokan
- Lord James Guillonk - Marianna's uncle
- Baron William Rosenthal - A British officer
Novels in the Sandokan Series:
- The Mystery of the Black Jungle
- The Pirates of Malaysia
- The Two Tigers
- The King of the Sea
- Quest for a Throne
Novels in The Black Corsair series
Novels in Captain Tempesta series
- Official website (in English)
- Read the first three chapters.
- Read a review of Sandokan: The Tigers of Mompracem at SBTB.com.
- Italy’s enduring love affair with Emilio Salgari, The Economist, June 2017
- The Tiger of Malaysia, Barga News
- Read a review of the Sandokan series at SFSite.com.
- Read a review at Pirates and Privateers.
- Read a Sandokan Biography.
- Read about the historical Sandokan.