The Teckman Mystery
|The Teckman Mystery|
British theatrical poster
|Directed by||Wendy Toye|
|Produced by||Josef Somlo|
|Written by||Francis Durbridge|
|Music by||Clifton Parker|
|Edited by||Bert Rule|
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation (UK)|
Associated Artists Productions (US)
|27 October 1954 (UK)|
A biographer researching a book on a pilot who died during the test flight of a new plane falls in love with the pilot's sister. As he uncovers more about the test flight, people connected with the case begin to die. The author naturally becomes nervous, until two Scotland Yard inspectors take on the case.
- Margaret Leighton - Helen Teckman
- John Justin - Philip Chance
- Roland Culver - Inspector Harris
- Michael Medwin - Martin Teckman
- George Coulouris - Garvin
- Duncan Lamont - Inspector Hilton
- Raymond Huntley - Maurice Miller
- Jane Wenham - Ruth Wade
- Meier Tzelniker - John Rice
- Harry Locke - Leonard
- Frances Rowe - Eileen Miller
- Barbara Murray - Girl on plane
- Irene Lister - Waitress
- Gwen Nelson - Duty woman
The New York Times wrote, "an obvious fly-by-night, with a pretty good cast headed by the gifted Margaret Leighton and John Justin, this Associated Artists release is a slow, contrived and exasperatingly arch puzzler that sets some sort of record for meandering banality". The Radio Times called the film a "passable thriller" with "more than a hint of The Third Man."
- "The Teckman Mystery". BFI. Archived from the original on 13 January 2009.
- "Movie Review - The Teckman Mystery - Screen: British Import; 'The Teckman Mystery' Opens at Symphony - NYTimes.com".
- David Parkinson. "The Teckman Mystery". RadioTimes.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|