The SteelDrivers are a bluegrass band from Nashville, Tennessee. Members include fiddler Tammy Rogers, bassist Mike Fleming, guitarist Kelvin Damrell, mandolinist Brent Truitt, and banjoist Richard Bailey. The band has recorded four albums on the Rounder Records label and one independent live album recorded at The Station Inn.
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
After playing at bluegrass festivals they signed to Rounder Records and released a self-titled debut in 2008, featuring new lead singer Chris Stapleton. The album peaked at No. 57 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The group was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2009 for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for their song "Blue Side of the Mountain." In 2010, the group received two nominations for its second album, Reckless. The album has been nominated for both Best Bluegrass Album and Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for the song "Where Rainbows Never Die".
Stapleton announced in April 2010, that he was leaving the band to focus on raising his family. He was replaced by former Mercury Records artist Gary Nichols on lead vocals and guitar. In December 2011, founding member Mike Henderson left the band. Henderson was replaced by Nashville musician and record producer Brent Truitt. In 2015, the new lineup received a Best Bluegrass Album Grammy Award for its album, The Muscle Shoals Recordings.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|US Grass||US Country||US Heat|
|The Muscle Shoals Recordings||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2013||Blue Side of the Mountain|
|2013||"I'll Be There"||Dycee Wildman|
|"Wearin' a Hole"|
|2015||"Long Way Down"|
Awards and NominationsEdit
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2009||"Blue Side of the Mountain"||Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal||Nominated|
|2011||Reckless||Best Bluegrass Album||Nominated|
|"Where Rainbows Never Die"||Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal||Nominated|
|2015||The Muscle Shoals Recordings||Best Bluegrass Album||Won|
- The Steeldrivers at Allmusic
- Billboard, Allmusic
- Flippo, Chet (22 January 2009). "NASHVILLE SKYLINE: A Deserved Grammy Nod for SteelDrivers". CMT. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- http://www.grammy.com/nominees%7Caccessdate=6 December 2010
- "Chris Stapleton leaves The SteelDrivers". Country Standard Time. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "Gary Nichols named SteelDrivers' new singer". Country Standard Time. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "Mike Henderson Exits the Steeldrivers". Bluegrass Today. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Mike Henderson Moves On". Bluegrass Today. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "58th Annual Grammy Award winners". www.grammy.com. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "CMT : Videos : The SteelDrivers : I'll Be There". Country Music Television. Archived from the original on July 18, 2013. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "CMT : Videos : The SteelDrivers : Wearin' a Hole". Country Music Television. Archived from the original on October 14, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2013.