This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Skivvies are Nick Cearley and Lauren Molina, singer/musician/actors who perform "stripped down" arrangements of popular songs and original tunes while stripping down to their underwear. They have had residencies at several venues including 54 Below, 42 West, The Highline Ballroom, and Joe's Pub. They have reviews from established publishers in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, People, Playbill, Theatermania, OUT Magazine, The New York Post and Sports Illustrated. The duo come from a heavy background of musical theatre, Molina having performed on Broadway in Sweeney Todd and Rock of Ages; Cearley having performed in the 1st National Tour of All Shook Up. They have been cast in shows together, off-Broadway in Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man and as Brad and Janet in The Rocky Horror Show at Bucks County Playhouse, directed by Hunter Foster. They have made appearances in pilots for FOX, A&E, and WE as well as performing at fundraising events such as Broadway Bares (raising money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.) The Skivvies notable guest performers include Lena Hall, Nick Adams, Nick Wyman, Randy Harrison, Lesli Margherita, Drew Lachey, Keala Settle, and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Walsh, Kenneth M. (2013-01-30). "The Skivvies Leave It All on the Floor". WSJ. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- Holden, Stephen (2016-07-10). "Review: The Skivvies Rock Their Socks Off (and Other Clothes, Too)". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Hard Rock: The Skivvies Strip Down the Covers and the Clothes". TheaterMania.com. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Need to Know: The Skivvies". 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- Hoffman, Barbara (2013-06-23). "The bare essentials". New York Post. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- Gray, Andy. "Friday A.M. Hot Clicks: Larry Bird Zings Dominique Wilkins". SI.com. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "The Skivvies Join Sex Tips Off-Broadway Tonight | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Theater review: 'Rocky Horror Show' at Bucks County Playhouse is wild, crazy fun". tribunedigital-mcall. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Highlights From Broadway Bares 23: United Strips of America | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Lena Hall, Nick Adams, and Grace McLean Strip Down with The Skivvies | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-04-14.