This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
|The Rosebud Beach Hotel|
|Directed by||Harry Hurwitz|
|Written by||Harry Hurwitz|
|Produced by||Irving Schwartz|
|Edited by||Daniel Loewenthal|
|Music by||Jay Chattaway|
Big Lobby Company
|Distributed by||Almi Pictures|
"Where Sex and Laughter Run Riot"
"Make your reservation for an explosive time at ... The Rosebud Beach Hotel."
After taking over a failing Miami hotel with her workaholic fiancé Elliot (Peter Scolari), Tracy (Colleen Camp) thinks model Monique Gabrielle is sleeping with him. She then tries to have an affair of her own, and arranges for hookers to become bellhops. Meanwhile, her father hires an arsonist to blow up the hotel.
|Colleen Camp||Tracy King|
|Christopher Lee||Mr. Clifford King|
|Peter Scolari||Elliot Garner|
|Chuck McCann||Harold Dorfman|
|Cherie Currie||Singing Maid Cherie|
|Marie Currie||Singing Maid Marie|
The red jumpsuits Cherie and Marie are seen wearing in this film are the same jumpsuits Markie Post wore in season one of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. The jumpsuits were re-purposed for the Rosebud Beach Hotel. When Markie was asked if she remembered the suit, she said she remembered it well. She said there were two made for her as it was a long shoot, and while one was being cleaned, she had another to shoot in. Marie Currie said she remembered going to Universal for a fitting for the movie, and production were thrilled to find two of the same suit for them to wear, she didn't know it was made for Buck Rogers.
This is the first film Cherie and Marie Currie acted in together.
A white van in the film has "Irv-Harry's Laundry Service" on its side. The film's producers are Irving Schwartz and Harry Hurwitz.
|The Rosebud Beach Hotel Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Studio||Can-Am Recorders, Reseda, CA.|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, punk rock|
|Producer||Marie Currie, Co-Produced by Stephen Crane and Dan Ferguson|
Cherie and Marie Currie sang, wrote, and produced songs for this film and its soundtrack. They sang multiple times in the film. All the songs they sing in the film can be found on the soundtrack. The first two tracks and the final track by Cherie and Marie can be found on Cherie's 80's Collection. However, "Here He Comes" doesn't appear on any of Cherie's albums.
- "Romeo" (Stephen Crane) – Cherie & Marie Currie
- "Where's the Music" (Cherie Currie, Dan Ferguson) – Cherie & Marie Currie
- "Here He Comes" (Wayne Sloan) - Cherie & Marie Currie
- "Come Down to Miami" (Raquel M. Attias) - Celia Cruz and Willie Colón (as Willie Colon)
- "Meltdown" (Dow McKeever) - ?
- "Don't Like No Parties" (Dow McKeever) - ?
- "Baby Baby" (Christian Irwin) - Christian Irwin
- "Scratch" (Greg Anderson, John Duff, Paul Magliari, Lou Vassalla) - ?
- "Steel" (Cherie Currie, Marie Currie) - Cherie & Marie Currie
- Cherie Currie - vocals
- Marie Currie - vocals
- Stephen Crane - Bass
- Dwane Sciacqua - Guitar
- Jody Cortez - Drums
- Ron Rayburn - Guitar
- The Rosebud Beach Hotel at IMDb
- The Rosebud Beach Hotel at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Rosebud Beach Hotel at AllMovie