The Peninsula Beverly Hills
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills is a luxury, five-star hotel at the intersection of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevard. The hotel is part of The Peninsula Hotels, a chain owned by Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels. The Peninsula Beverly Hills was the second Peninsula branded hotel to open in the United States, with The Peninsula New York having opened three years earlier in 1988. When the hotel opened in 1991 it was the first new luxury hotel in Beverly Hills in 20 years.
|The Peninsula Beverly Hills|
The Peninsula Beverly Hills, 2015
|Location||9882 South Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Opening||8 August 1991|
|Owner||Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels|
|Management||Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels|
|Number of rooms||194|
|Number of suites||52|
|Number of restaurants||3 + 1 Bar|
The hotel is located in the centre of Beverly Hills, near public amenities such as Beverly Gardens Park, Westfield Century City and the Los Angeles Country Club. The nearby shopping street Rodeo Drive is located within a five-minute distance. The hotel is about a 35-minute drive from Los Angeles' main airport, LAX.
The hotel underwent a renovation in 2011 with all of the rooms being refurbished. There is also a 4,600 sq ft (430 m2) spa at The Peninsula. Located next to the spa is a fitness center and a 60 feet (18 m). pool surrounded by 12 cabanas. The hotel has three restaurants: the Belvedere, the Living Room, and the Roof Garden. There is also a separate bar called The Club Bar.
- In February 1994, Anna Nicole Smith overdosed on prescription medication drugs here and was rushed to a hospital.
- In April 1994, Courtney Love was staying here when she was taken to hospital after an allergic reaction to prescription medication, and later arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and drug-related paraphernalia, but no charges were filed.
- In January 2002, American singer Carly Simon recorded her 25th album, Christmas Is Almost Here, in her room at the hotel.
- Author E. Lynn Harris died at the hotel in July 2009.
- The hotel has been featured in TV series including Bette and Family Law.
- "Opening Date". facebook.com. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "The Beverly Hills Peninsula". seeing-stars.com. March 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "The Peninsula Beverly Hills". peninsula.com. March 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Destination Beverly Hills". Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "Beverly Hills Jewel Box". peninsula.com. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- "The Peninsula Beverly Hills, CA, United States". fivestaralliance.com. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- "Guess Model Smith hospitalized after drug overdose". Bangor Daily News. February 16, 1994. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "Oh, the Tales Those Rooms Could Tell". Los Angeles Times. June 15, 1994. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "Christmas Is Almost Here". carlysimon.com. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "E. Lynn Harris Dies at 54". thecelebritycafe.com. July 24, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "The Hotel Of The Stars". seeing-stars.com. Retrieved July 1, 2012.