The Northern Miner (Queensland)
In 1876 Reid sold the paper to Thadeus O'Kane. As the owner and editor of the Northern Miner, O’Kane devoted himself and the paper to improving the lives of the miners working in Charters Towers.
Of the five newspapers published in the goldfields The Northern Miner was the only one to survive the downturn in gold mining. The paper is still being published today from the same Gill Street address it has been at since 1878.
- "History". Charters Towers Regional Council. Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- "the Northern Miner". News Corp Australia. Archived from the original on 23 August 2015. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- "Historical Notes on North Queensland Newspapers". James Cook University. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015.
- "Newspaper and magazine titles". Trove. Archived from the original on 29 February 2016. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". Trove. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.