The Nineties (miniseries)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Nineties is a documentary miniseries which premiered on July 9, 2017 on CNN. Produced by Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman's studio Playtone, the 7-part series chronicled events and popular culture of the United States during the 1990s, It serves as a follow-up to the predecessors The Sixties, The Seventies, and The Eighties. CNN greenlit the series in May 2016. One of the episodes, "Isn't It Ironic?", was screened at SeriesFest.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Executive producer(s)||Tom Hanks
|Running time||60 minutes|
Herzog & Company
|Original release||July 9– August 20, 2017|
|Preceded by||The Eighties|
|Episode||Title||Scheduled air date||US viewers
|1||"The One About TV"||July 9, 2017||1.14|
|Television of the 1990s, including evolutions in dramas and sitcoms, growing competition in late night comedy, the increasing representation of African Americans on TV, and the increasing prominence of cable and premium television.|
|2||"Clinton: The Comeback Kid"||July 16, 2017||0.968|
|The presidency of Bill Clinton, including his accomplishments and the Lewinsky scandal.|
|3||"Can We All Get Along?"||July 23, 2017||0.861|
|Social issues in the 1990s, including the Los Angeles riots, the O. J. Simpson murder case, the Crown Heights riot, and the Clarence Thomas nomination hearing.|
|4||"New World Order"||July 30, 2017||0.950|
|International politics in the 1990s, including the Gulf War, the dismantling of the Soviet Union, and the 1992 U.S. presidential election.|
|5||"Terrorism Hits Home"||August 6, 2017||1.003|
|Terrorism in the United States during the 1990s, including the World Trade Center bombing, the Unabomber, the Centennial Olympic Park bombing, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Columbine High School shooting, and the rise of Osama bin Laden.|
|6||"The Information Age"||August 13, 2017||1.041|
|The mainstream adoption of the internet; the browser wars and Microsoft's antitrust case; the fall and resurgence of Apple; dot-com companies, including Amazon and eBay; Y2K.|
|7||"Isn't it Ironic?"||August 20, 2017||0.952|
|Music of the 1990s.|
- Steinberg, Brian (May 18, 2016). "CNN Greenlights 'The Nineties' and Series on Comedy, Music". Variety. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Nyren, Erin (2017-04-18). "Lauryn Hill, Common Set for SeriesFest Opening Night". Variety. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Ratings: TV Viewers Like 'The Eighties' More Than 'The Nineties' on CNN". TheWrap. 2017-07-10. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 16". tvnewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 23". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 30". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, August 6". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, August 13". TVNewser. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "SeriesFest Unveils TV Pilot Competition Selections (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, August 20". TVNewser.