The Night We Never Met
|The Night We Never Met|
|Directed by||Warren Leight|
|Produced by||Michael Peyser|
|Written by||Warren Leight|
|Music by||Evan Lurie|
|Edited by||Camilla Toniolo|
|Distributed by||Miramax Films|
|Box office||$1.9 million (US)|
Upset with his current living arrangements, Sam shares occupancy of a flat for two days per week with slob Brian and painter Ellen. When Sam and Brian swap their schedules without telling Ellen, she assumes that their personalities have changed.
- Matthew Broderick as Sam Lester
- Annabella Sciorra as Ellen Holder
- Kevin Anderson as Brian McVeigh
- Jeanne Tripplehorn as Pastel
- Justine Bateman as Janet Beehan
- Michael Mantel as Aaron Holder
- Christine Baranski as Lucy
- Doris Roberts and Dominic Chianese as Nosy Neighbors
- Tim Guinee as Kenneth
- Bradley White as Todd
- Greg Germann as Eddie
- Dana Wheeler-Nicholson as Inga
- Louise Lasser as Mrs. Winkley
- Bill Campbell as Shep
- Michelle Hurst as Leslie
- Lewis Black as Marty Holder
- Ranjit Chowdhry as Cabbie
- Naomi Campbell as French Cheese Shopper
- Richard Poe as Bartender
- Katharine Houghton as Less/More Cheese Lady
- David Slavin as Chuck Barber
- Brooke Smith as Catha
- Bitty Schram as Pharmacy Clerk
- Billy Strong as Doorman
- Catherine Lloyd Burns as Deli Customer
- Michael Mastrototaro as Triple Creme Cheese Shopper
- Michael Imperioli and Suzanne Dottino as Dry Cleaning Customers
- Jose Evelio Alveraz as "My name is Eduardo"
- Paul Guilfoyle as Sparrow's Nest Salesman
- Davidson Thomson as Foreign Film Actor
- Kathryn Rossetter as "Excuse Me" Shopper
Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 56% of nine surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 4.8/10. Lawrence Cohn of Variety wrote, "A quintessential New York movie, The Night We Never Met takes a novel premise and develops it in fits and starts." Janet Maslin of The New York Times wrote, "The Night We Never Met is never lifelike enough to evoke the madly romantic New York atmosphere it seems to be after. The actors try hard, but they are hamstrung by too many broad strokes and silly inconsistencies."
- "The Night We Never Met". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- "The Night We Never Met". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Willis, John; Monush, Barry (2000-02-01). Screen World 1994. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 54. ISBN 9781557832016.
- "The Night We Never Met (1993)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- Cohn, Lawrence (1993-04-28). "Review: 'The Night We Never Met'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- Maslin, Janet (1993-04-30). "The Night We Never Met (1993)". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-09-14.