The New Beginning (2013)
The New Beginning (2013) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) promoted by New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on February 10, 2013, in Hiroshima, Hiroshima, at the Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall. The event featured nine matches, four of which were contested for championships. It was the fourth event under the New Beginning name.
|The New Beginning (2013)|
Promotional poster for the event, featuring three of its four title matches
|Promotion||New Japan Pro-Wrestling|
|Date||February 10, 2013|
|Venue||Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall|
|The New Beginning chronology|
The New Beginning featured ten professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
All four champions were successful in their defenses. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and Kushida) successfully defended the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship against the previous champions, Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero), Prince Devitt successfully defended the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Apollo 55 partner Ryusuke Taguchi, K.E.S. (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer) successfully defended the IWGP Tag Team Championship against previous champions, Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima), and Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Karl Anderson for his seventh successful defense of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
- "The New Beginning". New Japan Pro-Wrestling (in Japanese). Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "新日本プロレス「The New Beginning」". Sports Navi (in Japanese). Yahoo!. February 10, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Show results - 2/10 NJPW "New Beginning" PPV: Anderson challenges for IWGP Title, Shelley & U.S. stars in title matches". Pro Wrestling Torch. February 10, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- Meltzer, Dave (February 18, 2013). "Feb. 18, 2013 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: IOC votes to drop wrestling in total shocker, Elimination Chamber lineup and changes, DirecTV survey on WWE Network, tons more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, California. pp. 18–25. ISSN 1083-9593.