The Nerdist Podcast
ID10T with Chris Hardwick (formerly The Nerdist Podcast) is a weekly interview show "about what it really means to be a nerd" hosted by Chris Hardwick, usually accompanied by Jonah Ray and Matt Mira. The audio podcasts are typically an hour in length and include conversations with notable comedians or entertainers, sometimes at their own home. Occasional “hostful” episodes feature solely Hardwick, Ray and Mira. The show launched February 8, 2010. It served as the flagship podcast for Nerdist Industries, which was founded in 2012 after the success of The Nerdist Podcast. The show's theme song is "Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues" by the chiptune band Anamanaguchi. Hardwick's contract with Legendary Network ended at the end of 2017, and the podcast separated from Legendary-owned Nerdist Industries; in February 2018, the podcast was re-branded as ID10T with Chris Hardwick and moved to Cadence13. Hardwick changed the name after he moved it to become a part of his own ID10T merchandise and festival company. The podcast itself will continue to operate under the same premise, with Hardwick, Mira, and Ray serving as hosts and Levine serving as producer. The phrase ID10T is technical slang for a computer error caused by human mistake.
|Hosted by||Chris Hardwick|
|Genre||Comedy, entertainment, talk|
|Opening theme||"Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues" by Anamanaguchi|
|No. of episodes||975 (as of December 12, 2018) (list of episodes)|
|Original release||February 8, 2010– present|
|Provider||Cadence13 (formerly: Nerdist)|
In 2011 the pilot and a Christmas Eve special aired, with Hardwick, Ray and Mira hosting. BBC America aired six more 'specials' throughout 2012. Beginning with episode 4 the show moved from a half-hour format to an hour.
|1||Pilot||September 24, 2011||Matt Smith, Craig Ferguson|
|2||Year In Review||December 24, 2011||Wil Wheaton, Nathan Fillion, David Tennant, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Kumail Nanjiani, Simon Pegg|
|3||January Special||January 14, 2012||Lily Loveless, Thomas Dolby, Kunal Nayyar, Alison Brie|
|4||Comic-Con||July 28, 2012||Damon Lindelof, John Barrowman|
|5||Toys and Games||July 28, 2012||Brooke Leigh Lawson, Gregory Crafts|
|6||Science||August 4, 2012||Danica McKellar, Cara Santa Maria|
|7||Nerd Girls||August 11, 2012||Randa Viets, Garfunkel and Oates, Felicia Day, Faith Harrison, Emily V. Gordon, Kumail Nanjiani|
|8||Time Travel||August 18, 2012||Damon Lindelof, Tom Weston-Jones, Kumail Nanjiani|
A 10-episode second season aired in 2013.
|1||The BBC Extravaganza||March 31, 2013||Matt Smith, Tatiana Maslany, Dominic Monaghan.|
|2||Zombies!||April 6, 2013||Robert Kirkman, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan and Kyle Kinane.|
|3||Breaking Mad||April 13, 2013||Jon Hamm, Betsy Brandt, and Rory Scovel|
|4||Fantasy Nerdist||April 20, 2013||Elijah Wood, Ben Schwartz, Kumail Nanjiani, and Katie Crown|
|5||Wonder Dungeon||April 27, 2013||Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gillian Jacobs, Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel|
|6||Tribute To Television||May 4, 2013||Jack McBrayer, Eliza Dushku, and Joe Keckler|
|7||NASA Nerds||May 11, 2013||Buzz Aldrin, Bobak Ferdowsi, and Maria Bamford|
|8||Beautiful People||May 18, 2013||Joe Manganiello, Morena Baccarin, and Paul F. Tompkins|
|9||Tribute to Sci-Fi||May 25, 2013||Guillermo del Toro, Katee Sackhoff, and Ron Funches|
|10||Superstar Comedian Week||June 1, 2013||Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Zach Galifianakis, and Natasha Leggero|
The podcast was ranked #7 in Rolling Stone's "The 10 Best Comedy Podcasts of the Moment", published May 8, 2014.
- Jarvey, Natalie (February 2, 2018). "Chris Hardwick Rebrands 'Nerdist Podcast' as Long-Running Show Gets New Home (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Abernathy, Samantha (15 November 2011), "Nerdist Podcast Will Record Live in Chicago", Chicagoist, archived from the original on 6 November 2017, retrieved 2011-11-19
- Moody, Mike (February 24, 2010). "Comedians Cut Loose on Chris Hardwick's 'Nerdist' Podcast". TV Squad. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- "What is id10t error? Webopedia Definition". www.webopedia.com.
- Campos, Nicole (April 8, 2010). "Nerds Own Largo! The Nerdist Podcast Goes Live with Mythbuster Adam Savage". Style Council Blog. LA Weekly. Archived from the original on March 5, 2011. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Leijon, Erik (July 28, 2011). "The dean of dweebs: Chris Hardwick fine-tunes his nerd-dar at Just for Laughs". Montreal Mirror. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "Episode Guide - The Nerdist". BBC America. Archived from the original on 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Nathan Fillion: Sexception?! The Nerdist: Year In Review Sneak Peek #1". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "BBC America's 'Nerdist' Gets Full Season". Hollywood Reporter. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Berkowitz, Joe (April 6, 2011). "The 10 Best Comedy Podcasts of the Moment". Rolling Stone. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- "The 20 Best Comedy Podcasts Right Now". Rolling Stone. May 8, 2014. Retrieved Dec 21, 2014.