The Naked Communist
The Naked Communist is a 1958 book by American political theorist W. Cleon Skousen, a former FBI employee. The book has been reprinted several times, most recently in a 2017 printing through Izzard Ink Publishing, and it has sold more than 1 million copies.
|Author||W. Cleon Skousen|
|Cover artist||Izzard Ink Publishing|
|Published||1958, 2014 (Izzard Ink Publishing)|
|LC Class||HX44 .S5585 2009|
The main subject of the book is an articulated Communist plot to overcome and control all of the world's governments that are not members of the Communist bloc through the implementation of social progressivism and by undermining American foreign policy through the promotion of internationalism and pacifism. The early chapters of the book cover the philosophy of Marxist and Soviet Communism as well as some of the history of Communist power in various countries including the USSR and Cuba.
The book has been highly discussed by American conservatives Glenn Beck and Ben Carson, the latter of whom stated, "The Naked Communist lays out the whole progressive plan. It is unbelievable how fast it has been achieved."
- Umbr(a): The Object. The Center for the Study of Psychoanalysis and Culture. 2014. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Vegső, Roland (2012). The Naked Communist: Cold War Modernism and the Politics of Popular Culture. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780823245581. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Haddock, Sharon. "Beck's backing bumps Skousen book to top". Deseret News. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Wilentz, Sean (October 18, 2010). "Confounding Fathers". The New Yorker. 86 (32): 32. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "The Kelly File with Ben Carson". The Kelly File with Ben Carson. YouTube.
- "Urban Faith The Naked Communist". Urban Faith The Naked Communist. Urban Faith.
- Mattingly, Phil. "Ben Carson's Longshot Presidential Bid Suddenly Looks a Lot More Realistic". Bloomberg. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Blumenthal, Max (2009). Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement That Shattered the Party. Nation Books. p. 331. ISBN 1568583982. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
Naked Communist Skousen.
|This article about a political book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|