The Mirror and the Light
The Mirror and the Light is a forthcoming historical novel by Hilary Mantel, the final part of a planned trilogy (including Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies) charting the rise and fall of Thomas Cromwell, the powerful minister in the court of King Henry VIII.
|Series||Thomas Cromwell trilogy|
|Publisher||Fourth Estate (UK)/ Henry Holt and Co. (US)|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
|Preceded by||Bring Up the Bodies|
The Mirror and the Light is expected to cover the last four years of Cromwell's life, from the death of Anne Boleyn (1536) to Cromwell's own execution (1540).
In July 2017 The Guardian reported that "The book may not appear until 2019, said Mantel, who denied that her failure to finish the novel to schedule was a sign of reluctance to write about Cromwell's execution in July 1540." In July 2018, at the Man Booker Festival 50, Mantel affirmed that the novel would be published in 2019. On 21 May 2019, a billboard with the phrase "So now get up" went up on Leicester Square. On 22 May 2019, Fourth Estate, the book's publisher, confirmed that the book will be published in March 2020.
- "Hilary Mantel discusses Thomas Cromwell's past, presence and future". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Man Booker Prize won by Hilary Mantel's Bring up the Bodies". BBC News. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Kean, Danuta (5 July 2017). "Hilary Mantel says final Wolf Hall book likely to be delayed". theguardian.com. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Furness, Hannah (8 July 2018). "It is easier to win major literary awards by writing a lead character who is a man, Booker Prize-winning authors warn". The Telegraph. telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Hilary Mantel's Website
- Hilary Mantel's Facebook Fan Page
- When will the next Wolf Hall book be published?
|This article about a biographical novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|